Monday, March 17, 2014

Yesterday

The sun was warm and the breeze a bit cool, we opened the windows and let the air flow through.
Out in my little gardens the first of the radishes I planted were popping out of the soil.. The boys were excited, and perhaps a little too anxious as they began pulling them  up.
I got out my camera and decided to play with the color filter :


Earlier in the day, I got two tomato plants, one is a Goliath, and the other a cherry. So the boys each planted one:


Then saw the first little "knock out rose" is blooming:



-JUGM


8 comments:

  1. Way too cold here. More snow on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard... poor rob. I promise Spring will show up one day. : )

      Delete
  2. I have a packet of tomato seeds but it is too early for me to start any as the house is not warm enough for them to germinate. Ice outside and now spring here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not actually tried tomatos from seed yet. Probably will next year since I will have more space.
      I saw the national weather this morning..uggg. I feel for you all that are still dealing with this horrible winter.

      Delete
  3. Very nice (as I look out the window at 6 inches of snow)... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was yesterday... Today has been non stop rain since about midnight, and is forecast to continue until tomorrow... minor flooding is every were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUGM,

    You did good playing with your camera :-)
    Those are great pictures.

    Since the boys like planting in the garden will you be planting some watermelon? I remember as a kid living in Florida we planted all kinds of watermelon seeds and had a blast with all the watermelons when the vines finally produced the fruit. We would have of course all kinds of watermelon to eat. Then we would have watermelon throwing contests (the melon given to the animals afterwards) and seed spitting contests.
    It's hard to find a good watermelon living in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat pictures!!!! I'm opening the windows today and airing this place out. Also going to plant my taters :)))))

    ReplyDelete