Friday, July 25, 2014

A Question For You All...

Last evening I put a movie on for the kids. Then Senior and I retired to the front porch of the estate.

While enjoying the peace and quiet of the night, I told Senior that my most important arch nemesis and her husband were planning a Jamaican vacation next year, and wouldn't it be awful if an EMP went off and they were stranded on that island.  ( I know I am vicious) . They would not last two days. She is from Brooklyn and firmly believes that no one should carry a gun, because she grew up on the mean streets of Brooklyn and never needed one so no one else should.

That discussion  got deeper when Senior said something about it almost happened a couple of weeks ago, the sun had back to back solar flares. He then thought about it for a few minutes and said this:
" It would suck to be on a cruise ship, in the middle of the ocean if an EMP went off, after a few days people would be so desperate they would resort to cannibalism"

That's  when the idea popped in my head for this blog post. My initial answer is the worse place would be 80 floors up on an elevator packed with people. Being air born on a plane ranks up there too as one of my top answers....

So now, I ask you good people the same question that Senior and I pondered last night:

 What is the worst place to get stuck at if an EMP went off and everything stopped working" ?

18 comments:

  1. I have had 3 knee replacement surgeries. (the doc did not glue one in correctly so it had to be done twice). It would be pretty horrible to suffer an emp while on the table, you might wake up with you leg cut off instead of repaired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea that would not be good. Imagine you are under going life threatening surgery..and suddenly the world goes dark. Of course you would be under anesthsia and never actually know what happend...

      Delete
  2. Your answers and Senior's answers rank right up at the top, but one other place I wouldn't want to be is in the middle of a large city where there would be throngs of people who are angry because the government doesn't immediately come to their rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee thanks..Senior.. We are going on a cruise in August, that will be on mind along with a terrorist attacking the plane, and having to have a full pat down(knee repl). The worst for my husband and I would be having to walk a great distance home. We decided if we passed a store we'd take the grocery carts to use to walk or ride in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sister has a titanium rod in her back, and that happens to her every time she flies. She takes a letter from her doctor as proof.

      Have fun but stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings. Stay safe.

      Delete
  4. The last place I would want to be is on one of those Los Angles freeways at rush hour and experience a giant traffic jam. Or any kind of public transportation full of people miles from anywhere and not being allowed a weapon to defend myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed... especially in a state like CA People walking around wondering why cars don't work any more, or why they don't have a phone signal. Planes crashing going into LAX.. uggggg

      Delete
  5. So now we are all going to be thinking about this post. OK How about this one, Being along the boarder and watch the wave of illegals crossing knowing they will never have to return home. Oh wait that's going on now...Opps. I would say on a plane.
    Here is a better one, standing in line at the store buying lotto tickets for a 900 Million dollar prize. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better then that...how about you have the winning 900 million lotto ticket..and can't get your funds. lol that would be awful....

      Being on a plane would by far be the worst place. At least with most every other scenario you have some sort of chance of surivial if you are a crafty person and put your mind to it.. But being on a plane at about 33,000 feet..you are screwed.

      Delete
  6. Right before my wife goes into labor, seeing as her due date is Aug. 14th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that would be a horrible time for it to happen as well. How about on the way to the hospital, and labor pains are 5 min. apart...

      Delete
  7. Any place where I couldn't get home. To work so hard to be ready for a black swan event, and have it happen when I couldn't get home, would be bitter irony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry about it happening while the kids are in school, and I can't get to them..

      Delete
  8. JUGM,

    Bulldog Man and I thought about your question......
    our answer, the New York City Subway. You ask why??? Because you could drowned. The electric wouldn't be working therefore, the pumps wouldn't be working to remove the water that usually comes in.

    ***Please note, we wouldn't be living in NY in real life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would hate to be in the middle of my spinal surgery.

    ReplyDelete