Monday, August 18, 2014
A New Chapter
As most of my followers who follow my sweet husband "Senior" already know. We made the decision to move up to the Carolina Estate.
Was it hard? You betcha! It was a year of praying, and weighing all our options. It was a year of Senior applying for jobs up and down the eastern seaboard, with the only nibbles coming from the Charlotte area. 90 + applications and resumes submitted ..only a small handful of responses. But in the end he landed something in Charlotte. Thus the cement for our new foundation was laid.
The boys and I were already up here for the summer so, it was a matter of having school transcripts sent from Florida so they could get enrolled. The first day was today.
Was it a good decision? Well with all that is going on in the world, we believe so. Only time will tell though. But here, we have more room. We no longer answer to a Home Owners Association, we can put what we want in our yard without worrying about getting a letter. The Florida house is still there. it is now a rental. A snooty coast guard family is our tenant--if they get a letter it is on them. The monthly rent covers the mortage and they set up auto pay so we are happy.
Here we have a 14 row garden, and the workings of my new chicken coop. Our Buddy Mr. Farmer's grandson in law has a incubator and is going to give me some babies in the next few weeks. A new venture that I can't wait for...isn't motherhood grand? Ha Ha
So we have arrived!...a new place, new faces, a new life, and new adventures to blog about......
However with all the new stuff..some stuff will never change: like me running late for the school car line. I'm outta here
-JUGM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great news!!! Can't go wrong with land and growing your own food and critters.
ReplyDeletePP when I first posted about our property it was you who said "don't sell it..keep it because free land is unheard of" I thought of that comment all year. You are so right.
DeleteGood deal. Getting out of the area you are in can't be anything but good. That area stays in the news way too much.
ReplyDeleteYup! And it is getting worse by the day.
DeleteGurlie - you KNOW how happy i am for you and Senior and the boys! i understand the difficulty in making the decision but i think this is exactly right for you guys, and at exactly the right time. i can't wait for more updates on how your lives are playing out in your new home! much love to you all! your friend, always!
ReplyDeletekymber
I know you are thrilled.. But yea, it was tough . It is not going to be easy, and we will have our moments..but in the end, We know it was a good decision.
DeleteLots to do around here to transition our hill top in to how we want it. enough to blog about for a year probably--it all starts with the garden and my chicken coop. I can't wait to have babies..
That's very good news. I think you will all be more comfortable and relaxed on your own land, making your own decisions without interference from people you have little in common with. South Carolina is a good state, and the land you owns looks perfect for a country home. I'm glad for your family.
ReplyDeleteHarry we already are more relaxed. It is so cool owning real property, and not some house in a subdivision. Our boys have plenty of room to run and play on, the dogs are all over the place. And my Lord the taxes dropped when moving here. So did our car insurance... Thanks for your kind words
DeleteWow this last year has been the year of changes. You guys moved, Modern Day Redneck is going through changes, us returning to MN and our first grandson. Life is good. I look forward to hearing more about your new journey's.
ReplyDeleteIt has been a whirlwind Rob. Lots going on with every one. Have not heard what is happening with MDR.. hope all is well there.
DeleteLife is good, and we feel very blessed. Just so darn peaceful up here...can't be living in the country.
If you get time...LOL check out his blog. They moved out of their house the girls now live there, he & Mrs are living in a camper until they build a small home.
ReplyDeleteI went over and checked out his blog. Been a while since I was over there.
DeleteAwesome news! Enjoy the new homestead, and learning to become self sufficient.
ReplyDeleteThanks Man!
DeleteGreat News!!!!! I think it's an excellent decision! Every time you posted about the estate you were at peace :)
ReplyDeleteTry not to get overwhelmed. When I first moved to my homestead, I did circles instead of getting anything done. Everything takes time and eventually it will all come together. Congratulations to you and your family!!!!!!
Thanks Kelly! I knew you would be happy to hear this news.. You have been one of the good folks who have supported us on this decision from the very beginning. Some days we look around the estate and do get overwhelmed, there is tons to do. But we also know this is the final move for us, and we have an eternity.....
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you, Senior, and the boys.
Years ago I told myself I would never live in a location where an HOA was required. I prefer living out in the country where you can put anything on your land and not be harassed.
I so hope your boys love their first day of school. School starts in our area tomorrow, this should be interesting.
You're going to enjoy raising chickens and the boys will have a blast watching and playing with them.
Congratulations on starting a new chapter in your lives.
Love and Hugs to you, Senior, and the boys.
Sandy
Hey Sandy,
DeleteWe will never live in a community with an HOA again. So nice not having neighbors right on top of you. and EXTREMELY quiet..
Boys are liking school so far. NW is estatic that he will have "Water Safety" this year in PE. That means he will have swimming. Of course they are all ready over loading them both with homework.
I am letting the boys pick out a couple of chicks of their own, so they can have the responsibility. little ND wants a turkey though, he saw one during a field trip last year and ever since it is all he has talked about, he wants to name it "Bob" lol
Thanks for your kind words and support...won't always be easy, but we know it was the right decision...
Congratulations! And now the fun begins... :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you! : )
DeleteOh that i so awesome!!! I bet the boys are excited for the new life..... So so happy for ya!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! We live in Cary, not too far from Charlotte. :) Congrats to you and your family!
ReplyDelete