Spring has kept us busy here at the ole estate. Now that it is in full swing everything is coming to life around here.
Garden is plowed and planted and seeds are starting to sprout. We have a pretty large deer population, so my Uncle told me to put soap on a rope around the garden perimeter, deer will catch the scent and think a human is nearby and stay out.....
I was a tad skeptical at first, but so far, the little soap on a rope trick seems to be working..This is a sunflower and corn popping up.
My fellow Angel
SANDY sent some heirloom cucumber seeds, boys planted them and now they have sprouted nicely. I also picked up some heirloom tomato seeds and got them started, few more days I will get them into the garden.
We went through a lengthy dry spell, but this past week Mother Nature as turned on her faucet, and everything is wet again..with more rain tonight and Sunday is supposed to be a complete wash out..then it looks like another stretch of nice weather for us.
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteYour garden is looking really nice with everything plowed and planted.
Woohoo look at those seeds girl!!!! Soon you'll have enough cucumbers to can your own pickles :-)
Speaking of cucumbers, I don't have my seeds in the ground yet. We've been busy getting the garden setup hopefully by the end of the weekend the cucumber seeds will be in the ground. Yesterday, I planted several of my tomato seedlings outside from inside my green house. I just checked on them, they've survived the night okay.
Bulldog Man is a little annoyed with me this morning, the garage stinks. I parked the tractor and regular mower in there, and failed to clean the grass from the bottom before parking the equipment. Whoops!!!!! Must pull those babies out and clean them today.
Or maybe I wait and see if he'll do it :-) (evil grin).
The weatherman have been stating expect severe storms the last 3 days. It was evident the storms were all around us......we didn't get one drop of rain.
Hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
Sandy
Hugs to you guys too.... I have not attempted to drive Seniors tractor...I want to though. We just get red clay clumped all over it and the kids thinks its a big deal taking the hose to it...
DeleteI am putting in those cukes and maters this week. We had more hard rain last night and more expected all day tomorrow.. But with the corn growing in the garden...so its the weeds. Grrrrrrr
Lots of rain here too. Foggy this morning but it is supposed to burn off. We have rain predicted for the next two days. With the drought in California I guess I should be grateful.
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks enormous.
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteGurlie, Angel - that is some fine looking garden you guys got going there! i'm really proud of all of the hard work that you guys have put into it! i didn't know the trick about the soap on a roap, but i'll keep it mind if we ever have a problem with deer. come to think of it tho...it would work on all wild animals as they would smell the human because of the soap. good thing to know! much love to you and yours always!
ReplyDeleteyour friends (who are still wearing clothes?!?!?!? in april?!?!?!? this has been one blankety winter - arghghghggh!!!)
kymber and jam
Yea..who DA thunk soap on a rope! Lol. My hairdresser said she collects hair all winter and sprinkles it around her garden and that works just as well... But so far, deer have been staying out.
DeleteIt is dried here today so this evening I am getting down there and putting in those cukes and mater plants. They r starting to turn yellow in the seed trays, their little roots need the good earth to stretch out in...
Hugs and much love to ya Angel
Now comes the 'fun' part... weeding the thing... My back hurts for you, cause I know how much work that takes. But you're off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteMy back hurts for me to.. But then again, we do have kids.... LoL
Deletehow great it must be to have a garden! Love the soap trick! what a nice way to keep them away, everything here is blooming and is gorgeous. :)
ReplyDeleteEverything is blooming here too...so nice to see the trees filling in with leaves.
DeleteEverything is blooming here too...so nice to see the trees filling in with leaves.
DeleteGreat idea on the soap trick never ever heard that before!
ReplyDelete