I heard the un-natural vibration late last week. I informed Senior the same day, he turned on my A/C and heard the same vibration. Being that my car is an 07 we figured due to the age of the car that the bearings in the fan blower had gone bad and on Saturday ordered a new one from Toyota. The weather here has been really cool, and for the past couple of days I have not needed the A/C...
However, on my way to the dealership to pick the new part, that is when the Un-Godly smell hit. Senior got home from work and opened up the glove box, pulled out the blower..and found a little passenger...
Welp sure sucks to be him...
Hope "THE RAT" enjoyed his ride.....


EWWWWWWW. You need more cats. I can send ya one.....or ten ya know :)
ReplyDeleteUmmmm NO ! lol
DeleteI hate that smell. Seems like it takes forever for it to go away.
ReplyDeleteI bought some of those airfreshners that go into the vents. has helped alot.
DeleteSurely this is a site well worth seeing.
ReplyDeleteSurely it is! Bahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
Deleteewwww. Hope the smell disappears soon. My SIL lived in a 3 story house once with fireplaces. Squirrels would get trapped in the chimney & gave off the most god awful. And since they couldn't get to the varmit to dispose they had to live with the smell until it vanished. They finally had someone come put in screens over the chimney tops.
ReplyDeleteyack! Senior took out the in cabin filter, prior to checking the fan blower and before we knew Mickey Mouse had stowed away.The smell was not bad at first, and I though it was just odors coming in from the road and other traffic...but yesterday, it really hit! fortuantly by that time, we had the replacement part, and a new incabin filter for it.
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteWhat a strange place to find a rat. I'm glad you were able to find it, now to get rid of the smell. Use Clorox to clean the area where the dead rat was or use baking soda and water mixture. Place it on the area where the rat laid, let dry, then clean off this should do the trick.
Sending hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
Sandy
Thanks for the info Gurlie but it climbed into my car engine and nested in the fan blower for the A/C. I would need to clean the entire area under the hood...lol
DeleteWe got a new part, and today I bought airfreshners that have seemed to squelch the odors..
Love to you guys as well!
Oh... NOT good! But glad you found it before FULL summer hit!
ReplyDeleteOh crud that would have been nasty!
DeleteI know EXACTLY what the "thud-thud-thud-rrrrrrrrr" sound is in my car. We've had two mice/rats get into that same situation. Makes me think of this anythime I see a hamster wheel in a pet store.
ReplyDeleteI thought that too. ..lol. If I hear it again, now we know where to look.
DeleteA locked and loaded mouse trap is in our car unless we are using it, We get about 2 or 3 mice a week, Once there was a horrible smell coming from the engine compartment of the truck and when we stopped and popped the hood there was a partially decomposed squirrel in there, Oh yuck.
ReplyDeleteWe have so many squirrels here , I hope that is not next. I knew some one who had a cat stuck. Had been below zero and the xat climbed up into the engine to stay warm...yack ! It was a furry mess
DeletePoor guy. But I guess it wasn't as bad as the fellow who got cooked in the giant tuna vat in California last week. I know small animals like to get up on warm engine blocks.
ReplyDeleteHey Harry.. That poor man, what a horrible way to die. I thought about it the other day when I was opening up a can of Starkist.
DeleteOh now that is awful! In mine the drain hose was plugged. It's fixed now and the filter well it was very full!! ordered one for that too....
ReplyDelete