Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Freedom Lost

I was sitting here this morning sipping my coffee and reading through my bible, when I came upon some old notes I had made one day in Church.
That particular Sunday the message was from Acts 16:25-34. Paul and Silas had been  jailed and began singing praises to Jesus, and a great earthquake struck. All the prisoners were set free of their bonds, but stayed in the cells. The Jail keeper was amazed and called upon the Lord and was saved.

Just below my notes for the sermon I had written this:

   "Freedom assumed is freedom forgotten,
     Freedom forgotten is freedom lost"

I am not sure who first said it, so I can give them credit for it, but the preacher that Sunday included it in his message.  I found it important to his meassage and wrote it down.
It has made me think on how our country has assumed freedom and how we as a nation have forgotten it, and how it is slowly being lost......

-JUGM

7 comments:

  1. JUGM,

    Amen Sister Angel!!!! Freedom should never be assumed or forgotten!!!
    Hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Sandy. I got your email and I promise to respond shortly... Love to you guys as well and I hope all is going as well as it can be

      Delete
  2. That is so simple that it's profound. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Paul. I too find it deeply profound and have committed it to memory..

      Delete
  3. i agree with Rev. Paul - it is a very profound message! i hope that all is going well with you and Senior and the boys - i am glad to hear that things are moving forward for you guys! and of course, sending much love your way!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Gurlie all is going well down here. The builder got all the permits back today, so we are hoping that at any time construction will begin.

      Yes a very profound statement, one that I won't forget. Given today's world people assume freedom is automatic...just not the case. You want it, you gotta fight for it.

      Delete