Sunday, November 13, 2016

a little rain



A steady rain has moved in today across the upstate region, and the Good Lord knows we have needed it. Things here have been dry and incredibly dusty. ND and myself have been dealing with sinus and allergy issues for a week.  The temperatures have dropped and after an extended summer and above average temperatures the cool ,wet weather is a welcome sight.

Things have been extremely worse though for our neighbors to the north and west of us out in the mountains. Entire towns have had to be evacuated from the devastation of forest fires.  I only bring this up, because my brother and wife #3 are currently living in their RV in a trailer park in Franklin, NC. The reason for this is unbeknownst to us but, we can only speculate that his extravagant life style and his nasty demeanor has finally caught up to him and he is hiding from someone or something... 



Yesterday was NWs end of season football party and trophy presentation. I do applaud the team mom for going over and above and arranging a paintball outing..what a great time they all had. NW did pretty good, and put to use all the information he has absorbed from Senior and all the close quarter combat advice daddy gave him.  His team lost 2 out of 5 battles.  Not too bad for an 11 year old. Unfortunately, I think a "paintball monster" has been created, he is now ready to take his dad and little brother to the course and go against them.



So, I like everyone else is watching all these protest over the election. I have to say how disappointed I am but that I am not surprised. I wasn't at all happy with Obama being elected twice but, I did not burn our flag and cause property damage. Heck I just bit my tongue and suffered through the past eight years.
I think President Elect Trump summed it up best tonight on his 60 minutes interview when Leslie Stahl asked the same question... he said something to the effect of :  " if I had lost and my supporters were doing this, the response would be the opposite, Its a double standard"

-JUGM

6 comments:

  1. We had a lot of rain this summer and now ZERO. We have had frost but not a hard freeze yet. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had thunderstorms down here in the midlands....and lots of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys got some rain. Wish some would head to our country place, it's very dry & dusty there. Can't wait to hear more paintball stories. Good for them for winning those 3 battles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUGM,

    No rain here, and temperatures have gone low. Expecting hard freeze this week. I'm happy to hear you got some well deserved rain. Be careful with all those wild fires!!!

    NW was very productive with making sure his team won numerous battles.

    Sending hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure wish we had some of that rain. M and I wanted to go walk again today, but the smoke outside was so thick I was afraid a fire might be burning in our immediate neighborhood. Called the county dispatch and they said no, that we were just covered up by the fires in Blue Ridge and Hayesville.

    Paint ball is a good sport for young people. Never tried it myself but it does look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the weather broke a little for y'all... And glad life is getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete