Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday Morning Coffee

Yea I know I have slacked a bit and not done a post since Friday. Just haven't been feeling the "IT" factor lately. I suppose its this time of the year. So here I sit with coffee on the table, and the ole lap top purring.

This week I am so very proud of SENIOR He has been working hard to kick the habit of chewing tobacco. We found mint chew for him, that came with lots of good testimonials. He is now in his second week, and I think his withdrawl symptons are getting less harsh on him. If any of you have smoked you know how hard that is...well, in chewing tobacco there is more nicotine..so it is even worse to stop. But he is doing it! 

I dropped the boys off at school this morning. It has now been a week since all paperwork has been turned in, and the Principal out at the school where we want them has had ample time to sign it..But myself or the other mom has not heard anything. I will take it as a good sign, since "No News is suppose to be Good news".

Myself and the same mom took the kids out of school early yesterday and treated them to popcorn and a movie..we saw "Rise of the Guardians". It was really good. Lots of adventure in it, and as good as Polar Express. Usually I get bored in kids movies, but this one kept my attention.

Oh geez...my wonderful brother gave our boys an early Christmas gift..2 Kindle Fires. They  haven't stopped playing "Angry Birds, and Skylanders" since.  I have them synched up with my amazon account, and while I do have to pay for the games or books...its cool because the download will go to both kindles..so I am getting a 2-4-1 out of it.

Herman McCookie, that crazy elf has been pretty quiet lately, he comes back from the North Pole with out any incidents in the house. However, it has been warm here, and I think he has missed all the freezing weather, because this morning when I asked ND to get a box of waffles out of the Freezer..there sat Ole Herman staring at him.  ND screamed    :  )



Okay, off here now to help Senior with a bit of yard work and maybe throw some outside lights on the bushes. enjoy your day everyone!

-JUGM

10 comments:

  1. Too funny...Grandson wore elf hat all weekend. I had to show him yours and Kelly's elves that hide everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always show ours all your animals.... starting on my pizza dough, will let all know how it turns out. : )

      Delete
  2. you know... there are alot of us bloggers having that issue lately (your first paragraph). I didn't see this happening so much last year.

    Like your new blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Matt! Crazy blogger..i worked forever on it all.

      I know for myself I am still in a state of shock over the election. I try to stay upbeat and festive for the boys, and look at the holidays through their eyes. But once I start online shopping, and see how the cost of things have sky rocketed and etc..it really starts to get me down.

      Delete
  3. i loooove the new blog layout JUGM...and i love your sneaky elf! what a fantastic thing to do. i first saw it on your blog....but then i discovered that a bunch of people do the hiding the elf thing. like i said, i had never heard of it before you so you will always be first with the elf thing in my mind! give a big congrats to Senior for me....last january jambaloney said he was quitting smoking and he just up and did it. it wasn't easy but he did it. i am glad that Senior is quitting chewing....again a big congrats to him!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gurlie! Herman McCookie is a sneaky little thing. He is actually British and given to us by Seniors mum before she passed.

      Senior has been posting about his daily trials with kicking the habit..so go over there and check it out..he could use the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Senior for trying to kick the tobacco chewing habit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty..we are now in week # 2. Things are better with his with drawals... : )

      Delete
  5. Congrats to Senior! And that's NOT a bad idea on the Kindles... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for Senior for trying to give up the chewing habit! Great way to start the new year by kicking the habit in the old year!! LOL with the elf in the freezer; great place to hide it!! The movie afternoon sounded like a great idea. I hope you guys do find out soon about the school.

    betty

    ReplyDelete