Our day started with the boys up and searching every where for Herman McCookie. They couldn't find him anywhere...but he was there, right in front of them. Hanging out Incognito among the branches of the Christmas tree. Sneaky little Elf, finally they found him. He has those eyes that seem to follow you anywhere...CREEPY. I saw the over on Happy Hollow Homestead that Kellys Elf.."Snowball" had a much needed soak in the bubble bath... Herman stinks,and might need one of those himself soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I bought a small 2ft table top tree. I figured that if Moochelle Obama can have 54 of them in the white house, then I could certainly have another small one on the top of an end table. The boys liked decorating it with mini-ornaments and lights. They said little presents can go under it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are working diligently to transfer the boys school for next year. The drive will be a bit longer,
but worth it. The school we want them in is A-rated and non Title-1 - however the leg work I am doing to make this transfer happen has given me a headache. But all paperwork is done, and now it is up to the Principal of the New School we want them at, hopefully he will sign off and accept them. The school also has after school programs such as art and music, the local ones don't do that. and NW loves drawing and artwork. The waiting game for it has begun, it is all in Gods hands now...
The other headache today came from my Dad...he chose to act like a juvenile...and inundated me with nasty emails... He was such a child that he also chose to delete me off his FB friends list...what a "blankety blankety blank".!!!!!!!!!
Yes when the family acts like this, must mean that Christmas is right around the corner..
It is now 9pm on Tuesday night, time for my weekly dose of humor and "Doomsday Preppers" on Natgeo..
-JUGM

Love the elf's hiding place. Creepy little fellow that he is... Hope you get the boys in your school of choice.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your Dad. It is just the times. More and more families are turning against each other. Can't do nothing but pray about it.
Thanks mama... its typical for my parent's to act like this during holidays. Even as a child..I use to dread Christmas Eve day because I knew what it meant in my house. Yes..lots of prayers. I am praying hard for the new school. It would be better academically for both our boys. Herman is creeping us out, sneaky little ----
DeleteGood hiding place for the elf! You would think it was obvious to find to look in the tree too! I hope your sons get into that school; you are right that it is in God's hands and he always does know what is best!
ReplyDeletebetty
Thanks! A good friend and fellow mom is also trying get her daughter into the same school. We know our paperwork as passed the first hurdle of being signed off by the current releasing principal, now it is up to the receiving principal and IF he will approve. Once that is done, then it goes before the school board for approval. They meet right before Christmas, so hopefully by then we will know something. : )
Deletewould be an awesome Christmas present.
Christmas is a tough time for a lot of people. The longer we live the chance of something ELSE which is not so great becoming associated with it is larger. I hope he's back to his prior self soon ! Good luck with the boy's new school.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jane!
DeleteI need to put my tree up!!! I'm so slow at everything! I can't believe I missed doomsday preppers, I ♥ that show! My little one said this morning "the ducks are on tonight" we love that show too!!!
ReplyDeleteI drove my girls for nine years from the west side of town to the east so they could get a better education. This bit me in the butt three years ago when we moved. Our new school district is awesome!!! It's a small communtiy and I love it! Our state just started grades for school this year and our school got a B for elementary and A's for middle and H.S. so I am very proud! My big girls dad is a big ol' d-bag and fought with me horribly about the girls school. I finally gave up and now I have three girls in three different schools. What's funny is our school is as good if not better than the schools he chose for them! I don't have my big girls as often as I did and that has been the hardest adjustment
{{{{Hugs}}}}} about your dad. I have a very good relationship with mine and can't imagine him being ugly. I know it must hurt horribly and I'm sorry :(