Thursday, January 3, 2013
My letter to Dianne Feinstein...
So this morning my good buddy RED WOMAN had a nice post with a video about us ladies and our right to own guns. Carrie Lightfoot from The Well Armed Woman is asking us girls to basically ban together, get educated and show our intelligence. . Carrie and Red Woman are urging us girls and every one else to write our representatives and Dianne a letter..I urge you all to do the same, Ms. Feinstein does promise that each and every one will be read. Below is my letter. Of course I could have said more. But currently I am devoid of coffee
www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me
Dear Senator Feinstein,
I as a stay at home mom, mother and wife would like to know why you think the people of this great country have no right to carry a gun for personal defense?
Why is it okay for our politicians to have round the clock protection, but we the people can't?
Why is it acceptable for the Presidents daughters to go to a school with 11 armed guards but our kids can't have that same sort of protection?
Politicians like yourself are hypocrites..You want to take away our rights, but yet you keep them for yourselves.
Gun bans only hurt the law abiding gun owners of this country like myself. It does nothing for the criminals. If there is a will, there is a way. After all Ms. Feinstien, Cain killed Able with a rock. If you want to ban guns, then you also need to start legislation to ban rocks. How many died this week from alcohol related accidents? Where is the ban on alcohol and vehicles?
And last, lets not forget that terrorist hijacked planes with nothing more then box cutters, and committed mass murder by flying planes into buildings. I have yet to see a ban on box cutters. In fact, Home depot sells them in bulk packs. And people still fly every day..where is the ban on airplanes? Like I stated..where there is a will, there is a way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since emailing her this letter. I got a computer generated response that says :
"Because of the volume of e-mail that is received by my office, we can only respond to email that includes a California postal address. Please resend the text of your e-mail message, including your postal address, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.
Should you need additional information about the Congress, or my offices in Washington and California, please visit my homepage on the World Wide Web. The address is http://feinstein.senate.gov.
Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to do so in the future"
Sincerely,
Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteI ♥ your letter, but do you think anyone will listen? I would hope so, but I doubt the high and mighty give two flippin' turds about the regular folks opinions! I also wouldn't send her your address, I would be a little paranoid about giving that info to someone with her agenda!
ReplyDeleteI know deep down you are right. In reality they don't care. All though its us regular folks who put them in office. Which again is why I think there needs to be term limits.
DeleteAnd no, I used a different address.
Well written letter.
ReplyDeleteFirst let me say YOU ROCK! I loved your letter. When I posted the link to DF I didn't know she would only read California addresses. Maybe we should - no, never mind. Anyway, I got the same response, being from Oregon and all :) My brother posted the video on Facebook today. I think it will just keep spreading, which is what we want.
ReplyDeletePS Thanks for the heads up on Liberty Safes. Our new "Lincoln" will be delivered tomorrow!
Blessings,
Red
Well Google is an amazing thing..you can find all sorts of addresses ...lol
DeleteI joined the Well Armed Woman facebook page...Makes me feel empowered.
Glad to hear about the safe..You will love it. So you got the Macdaddy one with lights and the jewelry shelf? Make sure you post about it..