Tuesday, April 9, 2013
A 6 yr. Olds Insight on Buffalo Wild Wings
Friday evening was a rare night as of late that we had no baseball games or practices, and Senior was home. It had been a few weeks it seemed since we had done anything as a family.
We ventured into a new sporting goods store and browsed the aisles, like most things these days the items were well over priced. So we left.
As we were driving around the dinner question was asked. Senior said BBQ and I agreed.
ND spoke up and said:
"I would like to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, but they don't let us have our guns, I don't think that's right cause what would they do if a bad guy came in with a gun, and no one had a gun to protect them and he shot every one"?
"Wow ND, " I responded "that is a good question for a 6 year old to ask". And then I thought about this blog post, because I can bet the majority out there are not aware of the issues with BWW and their stance on gun control.
Buffalo Wild Wings launched this policy in 2009, and regularly issues the following statement when asked about it: “Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms. However, because we are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests, we have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms within our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all our guests and our Team Members".
Okay, with that statement I do understand it is their establishment and they have the right to invoke it. However, it's pretty bad when a six year old can figure something out that the anti-gun folks can't: And that's making something a gun free zone, makes it that much more attractive to the bad guy.
Then with the paranoia the restaurant chain has caused, there is this recent story :
BWW Waitress invokes no gun policy on police
As far as dinner Friday night, we found a real hole in the wall Pizza place, with the best calzone I have had in years...
-JUGM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yeah, we laughed about that up here... And BWW is pretty much off limits up here to all the LEOs now too! They refuse to go there anymore!
ReplyDeleteI pay no attention to those signs.
ReplyDeleteIt closed down in the town close to me. Wonder why???!!!
ReplyDelete