Monday, April 22, 2013

Over Reactions.....


 
 
As soon as I pulled into the school car line I noticed the news van antenna. "In the name of all things holy", I thought.  "what has happened"  !
I got no emergency phone calls... couldn't be that bad.

I ask around and no one seems to know. The ladies are all oblivious... 

Then I got home, and check the new stations web site and there is the story and it will be on the local news tonight:

Last Thursday, a 1st grader brought bullets. The teacher, instead of confiscating them and making it all an issue. Asked the child to put them back in his backpack and take them home.

On Friday, parents learned of the incident...then the over reaction started. All chaos has ensued and parents want the teacher fired, and their kids moved out of her class. School ends in one month... just put the teacher on administrative leave or something until then...

They suspended a 5 year old for making a gun out of Lego's , this was in Hyannis West elementary in Boston area. In Maryland a 6 year old WAS suspended for a "finger gun" and saying bang. An 8th grade student was expelled for wearing an NRA t-shirt. And please let us all not forget the poptart incident.
 This kid actually brought a bullet, he should be expelled for life! I mean come on now!

My point is, yes it was wrong for the student of that age to have a bullet, and it was wrong for the teacher not to confiscate it AND notify parents. Lets leave it at that. Lets stop this irrational fear of guns, that's all over reaction  like this is meant to do.

People have been saying for months, Guns don't shoot themselves! and for Gods sake bullets don't shoot without guns. If you hit a bullet square with a hammer, it'll explode and yeah it is potentially dangerous. But its not being launched through a barrel at 1000s of feet a second. People actually pulling their child out of school because some kid brought a bullet, these people are afraid of their own shadow and an embarrassment.. 

I have since learned that it did not happen to ND or NWs teachers. I love those ladies and would not want them to suffer through this..

-JUGM

6 comments:

  1. Well it seems like one of them "damned if ya do...damned if ya don't" situations.
    The teacher would be in the wrong either way it goes. I myself do not see the problem with the way the teacher did handle it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see ya Warlock!

      I don't know what is going to happen to the teacher, the kid in question stays in a lot of trouble. It has since come out that the news station has turned it into more of a anti-gun thing, then what it what was really going on.

      Delete
  2. Something screwed up with the posting it's half white and half unreadable, but I copied it to read the whole thing. There was no gun, and bullets can't go off by themselves, so I don't really see a problem with the way it was handled...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its when I type stuff in word and forget to change the font color...

      It has since come out that the news station has manipulated the entire story, and made it out to be more then what it was. The child in question is a 9 yr. old 1st grader and a repeat bully. all the school keeps doing is moving him to different classes..
      the parents were upset not so much with the teacher, but why is this kid still allowed to attend school there..he is a pretty bad apple. the news made it seem like the parents requested their kids be moved...but in reality, the school principle is the one who keeps juggling the kids around...

      Delete
  3. OMG a bullet run. Bullets are gateway items they lead to wanting to shoot them and make them go bang and that can lead to guns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First its bullets, then a gun or assault rifle. Before you know it the kid will become an arms dealer. Better lock up the little "B" now before he becomes a jihadist.

    ReplyDelete