Monday, April 1, 2013

The Best April's Fool Joke....

This is the day that we all get to play innocent jokes on those we love. The origins of this day dates back to ancient Rome, and is celebrated by every culture around the world. Even the Iranians celebrate it....

I fondly recall one such Aprils fool hoax I played on Senior. It was before we had kids, and I had learned of the joke off a radio call in show-I knew immediately it was something I had to accomplish.
We at that time had a water bed, while he was reading the Sunday paper I quietly took a zip lock baggy, put water in it, and punctured it with some small pin holes, just enough for the water to slowly drip.
I strategically placed it at the foot of the water bed so the water would drip over the edge, and placed the comforter back over it. Then I waited a few minutes, I casually walked around the apartment like I was cleaning, then came out of the bedroom screaming.. " The water bed is leaking"!  

Senior threw down his paper and ran in to the room..  " Oh S****  he said"  He threw off the comforter and saw the baggy, there I was on the other side of the bedroom jumping up and down and laughing " April Fools, April Fools" !!!!   
He looked at me " You B****  that wasn't funny ! " 

" Oh yes it was" I said, "You should have seen the look on your face, it was priceless! "
The he proceeded to chase me around the apartment... 

That April Fools day still lives on in our memories. He still reminds me of it, and I still laugh about it. It was a classic prank that lives on in infamy.

So Have Some Fun, and Enjoy your April Fools Day! 

-JUGM

1 comment:

  1. And I'm assuming he caught you and y'all proved there was no leak, right??? :-D

    ReplyDelete