Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I am the meanest mother...

Call me a terrible mother, but some days the whining and fighting is just too much for me to stand.
There are times when both of these boys remind me of girls.  They argue, fight and yell at each other. And forget sharing anything..the corner does not do the trick any more. I  have to get more tough on them.
So, I threatened military school. 

The fear on their faces starts to show, ND starts to tear up...
To add to the fear I went online and found several names of schools that takes small boys. I have also pretended to call the "commander" of the school about picking them up.
I have shown them that your mommy and daddy are not there, and most important there are no toys.

However the fear has fallen on deaf ears this week. So... I showed them the appointment card for new haircuts tomorrow morning. I said you can't go to military school looking like scruffs...
Then I showed them this video:


That's Right! Its a Russian boys military camp!  Oh my Lord, I think the blood drained completely from both ND and NW.
"your sending us to Russia"?  they both asked."But you will miss us"

Well, it did do the trick.. all I have to mention now is "Russia" and they snap too... 

I know..I am a mean mother.....

-JUGM

14 comments:

  1. Hey--whatever works. There are days it gets to me with my four year old son and two year old daughter going at it with hammer and tongs, and I wind up giving myself a time out by sending each to their own room and making them shut the door. I don't drink until after they're in bed, though, no matter how tempting it gets between them and my students' stupid questions and/or whining about things that I can't change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine can def. drive a person to drink. I do it after they are in bed as well. We have done the room thing too. That will last about 2 min. And yes i give myself a time out by going outside and watering my gardens or throwing my hands up to the sky...lol

      Delete
  2. Sometimes you've got to put fear in them. Looks like this did the trick, LOL!!!! I think it's hilarious, but my title of good mommy could be questioned at times too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a boarding school type in Anaheime, CA that takes kids as little as kindergartners.. 2 years ago while on Christmas break, my boys got so bad, that I should them the schools website, and kindergartners there with shaved heads, and no toys... I know I am mean.

      Delete
  3. I've done similar things. :) A moms got to do what a moms got to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried that trick once.

    The next day my son began looking up retirement homes online and left a note near my computer that had Beds crossed out and a smiley face along with hash marks for an ETA on a date he could have me declared unfit by the courts.

    He then reminded me that I had only one child so there would be no dissension in the ranks.

    At least I realized he had my skill at long term retaliatory paybacks and patience though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would use that as a very last resort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SweetMarie: Yea we do..whatever works right?

    PP: I have done the old folks thing with my parents as well. My brother went as far as to have mailers sent to them about it...

    Mermaid: It does work some times....

    Beth: They have been at it again this afternoon in the back yard...i think I am at my last resort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are in the same boat, but try adult children. They fight about the dumbest crap. Sometimes the wife (no disrespect to you) will push the right buttons or will throw one of the kids under the bus (so to speak) and that pisses me off more. Bottom line, I think by us having kids is a way for our parents to get pay back on us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an awesome mother! In a pinch I bet they would benefit. My folks sent us off to Boarding School and we didn't have any choice about it - and sure stopped the fights! We lived overseas and it was a necessity, but it also made each of us very self-reliant and independent in our own personal way, including my older Sister. So separated, when we got back together we all had different stories to tell, and our own individual identities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, nothing wrong with 'effective' parenting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. When my son acted up, I looked at him calmly and said, "no swimming this afternoon or no roller skating on Saturday." It worked very well. I tried to use his monetary system--fun. However, I never threatened to send him away...lol.

    ReplyDelete