When it rains, sometime it just doesn't rain...its a monsoon. That is at least how Senior and I are feeling. Seniors dad two weekends ago, went in to the VA hospital for some minor issues. Now he is back in the hospital and Senior is having to go back and forth. With his college courses, obligations here at home, and running up to SC every few days, it has been rough to say the least on him and us.
He wanted me to pass on that if you follow his blog : SENIORS MESS to not delete him..he will be back with a post soon.
Now, while all this is going on, Our oldest NW got a cold last week and fever. I kept him from school Thursday, fever broke and I felt all was well. He woke up Friday morning complaining of leg cramps, he had no fever and I felt he was okay to go. Around Noon, his teacher called..the pain in his legs was worse and he was limping and walking slow. I got him home and he was back running a fever..so i dosed him with Motrin and put him to bed. He woke up Saturday morning crying from the pain. so I took him to our local ER. They put him through an xray and extensive blood work. And it turned out, he had a viral muscle inflammation known as Myositis. I was perplexed..how in the world did our son get this? The ER doctor felt the best course of action would be to transport him to the Children's Hospital where they see this condition more frequently and have better facilities to handle it.
So, NW took an ambulance ride, which he thought was totally cool.
We get checked in to his little room--fluids started. He had to spend the night. I was not prepared for seeing my little boy hooked up to tubes and laying in a hospital bed. Poor fella had to pee every few minutes as the IV was flushing his system. He stayed the night, and was doted on by cute little nurses. They gave him a Nintendo game system to play on, and brought lots of gator-aid to drink. Senior and ND came to visit. Lots of friends gave us words of encouragement, but it was actually the one words of an elderly lady that I will not forget. ND and I left the hospital in search of dinner. We went to the deli counter of a grocery store and the lady making our sub sandwiches noticed we both looked exhausted. I told her the circumstances, she asked our sons name and promised to remember him in her prayers that night. I will not forget her kindness.
While we ate ND told us about the opening day of baseball, and how well he played in his first
T-Ball game. Poor NW just had to listen. He wants so bad to be running on the field with his baseball team..but that needs to wait a bit.
His levels of this virus dropped and they sent us home. Now he is recuperating and out of school until next week. ..
So, with all that has been going on in our family you can only imagine the level of stress we have been under. It all got to me yesterday and I broke down crying while watching Senior pack so he could head back up to SC.
The good news is NW is home and doing much better, he is walking now and playing. He will be okay.
Seniors dad though is in need of prayers as he is still in the hospital. Currently we don't know what is all going to happen. It is a very complex issue....
But, we are a strong family, and have lots of support. And with Faith in God, we will get through this
I promise to keep you all updated..
-JUGM
oh gurlie - you know that you and yours are always in our prayers but i promise that we will say extra special prayers for all of you, and for Senior's dad. you sure have had a rough week and you know that i am sending huge hugs your way! i know that you are busy taking care of everyone else but please promise that you will take care of yourself too.
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
(p.s. - i sure do wish i could have provided a shoulder and an ear when you broke down. you know i would have in an instant!)
Oh I know Gurlie! Def. could have used a hug yesterday. After Senior left my parents showed up with dinner...so that helped.
DeleteThings are better today. And I am taking care of myself as well. Things are better today. Now, my worry turns more to Senior and his dad...
PS: have you got something from me yet?
Ouch that really bites. It will all work out. Sounds like it already is beginning to sort.
ReplyDeleteThanks ! Yes does seem to be starting to work out. Just hope it all continues to go that way...
DeleteI am so glad your son is on the mend. Myositis is an occasional complication of some viruses, but it is very frightening especially when doctors wish to differentiate it from something else ! I hope everyone else in your family is doing well soon. I would never stop visiting Seniors Mess ! Love to you all.
ReplyDeletethanks Jane! I appreciate that tid bit about Myositis. Doctors never seem to put things in lay-mans terms for me. Yes so far ever one else is doing good... Thanks Again!
DeleteThoughts and prayers for all of y'all. And hang in there, things DO get better.
ReplyDeleteMaybe things will slow down for you all. I never heard of myositis, so I learned something tonight.
ReplyDeletehugs to you; it is hard with aging parents especially with having young ones still at home like you and your hubby do. I am glad your son is doing better and will make a complete recovery. I think a cry is sometimes beneficial to release all the emotions. I do hope it settles down a bit over the next few weeks.
ReplyDeletebetty
Odysseus and I will keep y'all in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteDoctors always talk like they swallowed a medical book and expect us to understand. I have told them to just explain things to me like I am in kindergarten! I am glad NW is on the mend. Our family will be praying for good health for all of your family and safe travels for Senior.
ReplyDeleteGlad your little one is doing better, hopefully Seniors dad is on the mend as well.
ReplyDeletePlease know that ALL of you are in my prayers. Hope all will be well soon.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!