Murphys Law @ Lagniappe's Lair Has a post today that you should all go over and check out.
This is what its coming down to folks. This is why I am trying my best to wheen myself from posting an abundance of pictures on social media pages. I know we all get caught up in it..but as you see from this story, things are going to the extreme.
I am glad this dad in the story stood his ground and did not give permission for the authorities to enter his home.. Senior and I would have done the same.
-JUGM
I posted a gripe about the Census people one time on FB and my computer got weird right after that. I ended up deleting the post (slightly paranoid) but that was the only time my computer has ever gone wonky. Until the other day when I was trying to comment the same story on Stephens blog post and I couldn't! Freaked me out a little so I remained silent! It's scary to think we can't do shit anymore without the "higher ups" knowing or feeling like they need to know and god forbid you complain about one of their agencys then you get a wonky computer. It sucks but the quieter you are the better off you will be :/
ReplyDeleteMakes you wonder what exactly is installed of them when you buy one from the store. They could easily have things installed without you ever knowing it..
DeleteI am ready to go completely off all electronics..this world is too dependent on them. and its all going to reach up and bite us in the Ass.
Couldn't agree more....this IS REAL folks!! WAKE-UP AMERICA!
ReplyDeletevery real and very scary! but these are the times we live in.
DeleteFolks, you also better be watching your cell phones. My android is constantly trying to get me to update my various apps, some of which are ( if I upgrade said app ) then able to turn on the camera and take video and photos and also turn on the voice recorder.... without my consent or permission. Can you say "1984" ?
ReplyDeleteThe two apps today were Facebook (of course) and the Youtube app.
Always review what the app wants to install. Don't ever blindly allow it to do anything.
Very scary Matt that is why when whenever I get a new app for my phone, i don't allow the automatic updates. There is one we have called "life 360" its all good, but you can track via GPS any one in your "circle of friends"
DeleteOur cell phone contract is up in June and we are seriously thinking about getting away from our androids. I miss my ole blackberry.
I have pictures on my blog of grandson and his little 22. I have also posted various pictures of firearm purchases. If TPTB have been watching, they already know, so it would probably do no good to delete them. Thank God I have never done FB...I think that is the most watched place of all and you couldn't give me enough money to be there.
ReplyDeleteIt's not necessary TPTB, it's little miss nosy next door who knows you blog or have a FB account and might call the cops on you or the child's parents.
DeleteOh and if you do delete any posts or photos, you have to go into the file delete the text and photos and republish the post under "todays" date. then let it sit awhile to update google's system, before you delete the post itself.
DeleteIf you do not, I or anyone else that uses a reader like Google Reader that is subscribes to your blog can still see the original post.
If you were subscribed to by old blog "tall tree short rope" you will see that almost all the entries are empty files now with no info. The few that you do find are where I did things incorrectly.
Thanks for the info Matt.
DeleteThat is why I removed almost all the around the place photos I had on my blog back in November. I am now usually very careful with showing shots that ID the place although I did recently post a pic of my shop the other day. After Obama won this last election I figured the writing was on the wall and I did a major ID purge.
ReplyDeleteYep, the nanny state is telling on you, your neighbors, and anybody else they can...
ReplyDeleteMama: that's why I have never posted face pics of our kids. And I went on to my Facebook ans cleaned out my photo albums. And I regularly clean out my friends lists as well.
ReplyDeleteMatt: thanks for all that info very helpful
ReplyDeletePP: I try very hard to not put any pics that show our home. I also edit things I post about that happen in my town. Opsec should always come first
NFO: yep! Can't trust any one. I even get paranoid sometimes when family members visit
.
this is some great info! I always post photos! lol I don't want to get paranoid, but do want to be safe!
ReplyDeleteI just posted a part 2 to this. I will go one further for you..any time you post a picture to your blog, did you know its fair game? For example, say you post one of your son with a dog. Now I come along searching for a pic for my blog of a boy with a dog, I can search through google images, and possibl yfind the pic of your son and his dog that you orginially used.
DeleteAnd I know that because once, I used one of my own pictures of my clothesline as a background on here, and then later I wanted to change it, so I did google image search for "clothesline" pictures, and that picture of my same clothesline popped up in a random search.
Delete