Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lots going on...

I know Senior and I both have been MIA. We just ask for our followers not to give up on us. We are still here. Just please excuse us if we don't post or respond to any comments.. We have just had a lot on our plates this past month.
Seniors dad is still in the VA Hospital out of state. He has been spending a part of the week up there, then coming back home for the rest of the week.
It is getting to be a lot on all of us. The good news is, his dad finally had the long awaited orthopaedic surgery on his hip. Poor man was in there almost a month waiting to get it done. It was one reason or the next why they wouldn't. Finally it took a  bit of complaining to his dads doctor about it all..  What an ordeal this has been for all of us.
So now his re-hab and physical therapy starts. Hotels are getting costly, so Senior has decided to pull our camper up there and park it in a campground...doing this will save us quite a bit.

On top of it all, NW got sick again. A violent gastrointestinal virus has been circulating around his school and classroom. Five other kids in his class have had it, along with 2 other boys on his baseball team. My poor child has been vomiting and having severe diarrhea since Sunday. He has had no appetite and has dropped 6 pounds. He has had severe stomach cramps that make him double over and cry in pain.
The doctor has given us a kool-aid solution with honey and salt to raise his glucose  and electrolyte levels because he was getting dehydrated. I feel so bad for him- It is always him getting sick and he doesn't understand why everything happens to him. My baby has missed out on so much this week at school and with baseball.  But today was better, he drank all the kool aid and ate a bowl of animal crackers..hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel for this nasty virus.

My garden is flourishing. Here are some pics of my baby cauliflower heads, and broccoli sprouting up.. I took these just a few days ago and the broccoli heads have doubled since...




And my beautiful first yellow rose of the spring:

 
Even Little Libby Lu-Lu got in on helping me water the roses:
 



-JUGM


8 comments:

  1. You have our prayers...I hope little NW feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I hope your baby gets better soon. Poor little guy :( My youngest is sick all the time too. She tells everyone including strangers that she's a sickly child! Sick babies gives us mamma's more grey hairs so {{HUGS}} to you
    Glad your FIL is on the mend, hope his recovery is speedy.
    Your garden looks great! I can't wait to plant my big garden but with this wonky Oklahoma weather I think I'm going to wait until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the sickness. Go here http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Detox-Plus.
    Mix with applesause and eat it. It stops the sickness coming from both ends very quickly. Never done the detox but always use it when were sick. My 2 yr old will even take it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone gets well soon and your life gets back to normal. All will still be here and the garden is looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you and yours Glock Mom...We aren't going anywhere and will be here when you can get back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, prayers for all, and it truly sucks when the kids are sick...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you every one! We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete