The call came at exactly 5:48am. Seniors dad was found in his bed at the rehab center unresponsive and not breathing. Senior had just been up there on Sunday and Monday, and had got back home Tuesday.
The staff tried to work on him for a bit, then transported him to the local hospital in Columbia..he was pronounced when he arrived. Seniors dad passed away.
My husband is now on his way back to SC, the boys and I are packing and will leave out in the morning.
We are naturally in shock..as the scope of it all has not hit us yet.
He was not just my father in law, but a Dad. I was ALWAYS treated like the daughter he never had, and it aches my heart knowing that I didn't get to see him one more time.
It hurts knowing that my boys did not get to hug him once more, or go for one last tractor ride.
This is going to be rough, and it is really going to hurt. We all ready feel the void in our hearts and lives.
The world is a lot less bright for us today, Heaven has a new voice, Tonight a new star will be shinning down upon us.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
-JUGM
I am glad Senior got to be with him Sunday and Monday.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this, JUGM.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Prayers for all of you. Safe travels as well.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry :'(
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}} to you and your family
My deepest sympathy for your family!
ReplyDeleteHUGS!!!
I am sorry to hear of your loss.
ReplyDeleteSo very, very sad...will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeletePhyllis (N/W Jersey)
gurlie...you know where i am. i will be here for you throughout these trying times. just yell when you need me. i promise that i will answer.
ReplyDeletesooo much love being sent your family's way. and extra special hugs for you! your friend,
kymber
You have my deepest sympathy.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss. I know how this feels, I've been through it recently.
ReplyDeleteThis will happen to someone else and you will tell them that you know how it feels. And then you will wonder if telling them really helps them. Just like I feel. But it does. It is a transfer from my heart to yours. A little bit from me, a little from others.
Thank You Every One.. Your comforting words mean so much to us right now..
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for the loss of your beloved Dad and Granddad. Be careful in your travels. We will be praying for peace and safe travels.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers for you all.
ReplyDeleteSympathy and safe travels.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. You will all be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Red
I am so sorry you lost someone so treasured. I know that your husband has been very faithful in his care of his father.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers to you and your family at this time.
ReplyDeleteYou and the boys will be in my prayers tonight. Sorry for your loss.
ReplyDelete