This has reached out to me and grabbed my heart. When I think of this love story, I get tears in my eyes. A local sailor was married prior to deploying to Bahrain for a year..
This past weekend he was struck by a car and killed. He has left behind his family, and a new bride. They were only married two months.
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Wife-shares-story-of-local-sailor-killed-in/zqzQqbnyMEabr7zV0mvlzQ.cspx
It reminds me just how short life is, and how little we really are in the scope of things.
Tell your family every day how much you love them and appreciate them, do the little things for them that matter. Tell them how important they are to you in your life. Hug your children and kiss their little cheeks...Show your family you care, because you never know when it could be for the last time.
This young bride received just such a gift the day he passed away. Flowers were delivered along with a note from her husband.... One thing he sent to try to make her day brighter, And One last reminder to her, of just how much he loved her......
-JUGM
You are so right Glock Mom...The day before the Marine's car wreck, he called, I had just gotten my mother-in-law home from the hospital and trying to give her meds, bath and clothes changed. I hurried the Marine off of the phone as I was stressed and busy. It was the last time I got to speak to him and I didn't have the time. This will eat at me forever. I know he doesn't remember....but I do.
ReplyDeleteOh Mamma Bear thats soo sad :( My step mom ignored her sons phone call the night he died. She was about to leave to go out with her friends and he had been begging her to come help him. She hasn't been the same since :(
DeleteI'm sure the Marine forgives you. He couldn't ask for a better mamma ♥
Glock Mom~ In our busy lives, we forget to show the love we feel. Thanks for the reminder ☺
Mama: I know its hard to forget that... But you have been such a wonderful mother.. there is a special place in Heaven for you, Papa and the Marine. You have been there with him every day since his accident... I admire you for your strength.
DeleteKelly: In 2001 my step mother in law passed away, my father in law sat next to me at the funeral, he held my hand, and whispered: " See the flowers on her casket"? I said "Yes" He said: " you know this is the only time I ever bought her flowers"...
Holy cow! I started to cry..that moment comes to mind every so often as a reminder of the little things we should do for those we love..
oh Mamma - there is nothing that any of us can say to make this stop eating at you forever. but honestly, please don't beat yourself up too badly...you are a wonderful mother and as JUGM says - you have been there every day since. i, too, admire your strength and your outlook on life. the Marine doesn't remember - all he knows is that you are there for him everyday. and from the smiles in the pics that you post of him - he is happy to have such a wonderful, caring, amazing woman as his Mother!
DeleteJUGM - gurlie - that story about your father-in-law is so very sad. ugh, breaks my heart! jam and i tell each other we love each other about a million times a day, and everytime he goes out the door we hug and kiss. even if he is just bringing garbage to the shed. we have always made a habit of that! thanks for the reminder, gurlie!
How sad :(
DeleteDamn, it's dusty in here...
ReplyDelete