My blog might be silent for a few days while we try to come to grips with the devasting loss of yet another good friend, some one who was bigger then life, had a smile that could brighten up any dark room. He was not just a friend. He was our family. If I had a little brother it would have probably been him. The sting is far reaching right now. And it hurts us like hell...... I personally have now cried almost 24 hours straight- that is how bad it hurts.
Our "brother" lost his battle with the horrible cancer monster. He fought it hard..but in the end it took him. Prayers please for his devoted wife who was by him at home when he passed, Prayers for his 6 year old son and 2 year old son that will hardly have any memory of their father. Only pictures and stories.Prayers for his friends who are feeling the pain. He was so much to so many people. But we know he is in a better place I know we are not suppose to question God, and his will. But this one has no understanding to Senior and I.
Why are real life monsters allowed to live, and all the good ones get taken? He loved every one, and did nothing to no one. I just can't find any justification in it right now.
I know that he is up there looking down on us, smiling that million dollar smile. He is a bright new star in the sky- He will be with us in every thing we do...
And if the Georgia Bulldogs win a National Championship in Football this year, we will know why. If A player suddendly trips for no reason...then we know who did it. He was one of the biggest fans they had, so much so that on July 4th the head coach of the team ; Mark Richt took time and called him, said a prayer with him and read bible verses with him over the phone.
RIP BIG GUY....
-JUGM
oh Gurlie - i am soooo sorry for your and Senior's loss of such a good "brother". i will pray for his poor wife and children - this next while is going to be so hard for them.
ReplyDeletei am just heading out now for a funeral...another victim of cancer.
give Senior a hug from me and ask him to hug from me.
your friend,
kymber
Gurlie, I will say a prayer for that family as well. You would think in this day and age of all the high tech things. By now some one would have a cure for cancer. But no.
DeleteThis year has been rough on us...we have lost too many. Feels like a dark cloud hangs over Senior and I. just sucks.....
JUGM and Senior- Prayers are going out now for his family and yours. Keep his memory alive for those two boys...K and Family.
ReplyDeleteThank you K. He as at home under Hospice care,but was actually doing better, or so we thought. I think because he was doing better is why we all are in such shock. We had hope that he was finally recovering. In the end he had a massive staph infection due to complications from his bone marrow transplant. Not even Mayo could do anything for him anymore. ..
DeleteSo sorry this had to happen. There are never any words I know. My condolences.
ReplyDeleteThat is the same exact thing I said to his wife last night. All I can do is be there for her, and support her and the kids.
DeleteThanks PP. and thanks for the laugh this morning with your new avatar..I needed that.
Sorry to hear jugm.. My Condolences.
ReplyDeleteSorry to learn of your friends passing. Prayers to your family and his.
ReplyDeleteMy deepest sympathy to his family and to you, his friend..,I know only too well how devastating cancer is as I am dealing with it right now. I am remembering the family in prayer.
ReplyDeleteIt's always hard to have this happen. Sorry you have to go through it.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear this. Prayers to all.
ReplyDeleteOh Hon, so sorry to hear this! Hus to you all. We have "family" with whom we are closer than blood family...I know hugs don't take the pain away but know youhave them and my prayers for your family
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read this. Our condolences & prayers for all.
ReplyDeleteThank you every one for your sweet words of condolences. Like I said, it feels as though Senior and I have lost own little brother. But, with each passing day I know that things will become easier not only for us, but for his family. Right now I really feel for his wife and two young boys. 40 years old is just too dang young to be taken from this world. Just totally sucks...
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteMarie
So very sorry for your lose and your pain. Hugs and prayers being sent.
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers for the family and for y'all.
ReplyDelete