Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Obamacare-ASaurus


 You never really see the  horrible effects of something until you can talk to those folks who deal with it all every day.
This morning, I had a doctor’s appointment to discuss some of my meds.
Last Wednesday was my yearly “lady appointment” I explained to my doctor what my wishes were.
She told me I would need to make a separate appointment to discuss the matter. I kind of left out of there scratching my head as this had never been said to me before. But, I listened and did what she asked.

Which led me to this morning, I was talking to her nurse, who was asking me all the same questions they did last week. I asked "Why was I having to come back just for this"?
In a short and unhappy way she said “ObamaCare” and shook her head.

The mere mention of that dreaded money eating, democrat dinosaur monster, burden on the American people brought shivers to me.

She went on to explain “See ,we can no longer see a patient for more then two problems at a time, Insurances won’t allow it anymore, and then there is the whole new coding issue, if we code something wrong then it won’t get paid, and a bill is sent directly to the patient. Then the patient calls us irate”.

I just stared at her and listened further “Mrs. X  it is a huge mess, we even had to adopt new software to handle all the new codes for this monstrosity, therefore last week, since you were here for your yearly physical and lady exam, we could not address any other issues you were having, those were your two health issues, anything else needed a separate appointment”. 

She elaborated more, “This whole issue is costing more to the patient then what the American people were told, We had to buy new software- that cost was past off to the patient, now people are having to come back repeatedly to have health issues addressed, and having to pay more out of pocket co-pays, And some of those co-pays are upwards of $25-40.00. It also burdens the patient in making them come back again and again..   A lot of people are going to start suffering in more ways then one”  

“Wow” I said. “ You hear about the negative effects of it all the time, but it doesn’t hit home until you can see and hear about it first hand from a health care provider” I said.
She agreed then left the room so the doctor could come in.

I got placed on a new medication, and drove home thinking of the conversation with the nurse. For some reason a line from the movie “Jurassic Park” came to mind. It is one I like to refer to in times like these:

“Some of the worst things imaginable, have been done with the best of intentions”
-Dr. Alan Grant, Jurassic Park

Democrats thought Obamacare was the answer and would solve this countries health care problems. Only it is a complete failure and costing us more and more every day. Plus full implementation keeps getting pushed back . if it was so great, then why keep delaying it all?
It is much like a man eating dinosaur, in that it is eating its way through the health care industry, and this economy.  The same people who are going to suffer the worst, are however the ones who voted for it, they are the ones who think Universal health care was a right.- They wanted it...now live with it.

-JUGM

5 comments:

  1. You are not looking at it right, the people who had never voted before and only came out to vote for the guy who would give them free stuff, well they are getting free stuff. You don't count as you have had it good and now you will have to pay, it is called economic equality. Sounds good until you realize what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the bright side it won't be so easy for the girls to hide things like it was when I was in school. I had a rule no dating anyone named Nichol, no dating anyone who takes Lithium and no dating any girl who took more than two other named mood altering drugs.

    Lithium was the worst though. Those girls who took that were like stab you when you were asleep crazy.

    So now if they are taking three drugs it will be harder for them to hide it and you will know it will be unsafe to get em all liquored up and all.

    Wow if I was a college guy I would love Obummercare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOW I understand! For every blasted ailment I was begging treatment for, my doctor recommended a specialist! Then, while at the specialist, the doctor herself said I need oxygen. I said "Ookaay."

    Then she said I'd have to go to ANOTHER doctor to get oxygen.

    I left with only the air in my surroundings to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, tip of the iceberg... And we're on the Titanic... sigh

    ReplyDelete