Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Field Trip Tuesday

The weather was awful. It rained buckets but it did not stop NDs class from going to a horse farm for a field trip.

I was reluctant..but it was actually a pretty
cool place. Three huge barns with horses, goats, rabbits and chickens. And two turkeys.
Yes my son asked if they were going to be dinner on Thursday. The nice lady said no, she raised them and they are pets. I was surprised at how docile they were around the kids.




Rain is moving  north and cold weather is due to move in. We got lots going on this week so if I dont find the time to do a post. Then I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

-Jugm

15 comments:

  1. Have fun and enjoy the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 here feels like 7. Want to trade?? hahaha. Have a good Thanksgiving. Sammy & Lisa go home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the field trip turned out better than you feared. We had a nice morning then the North wind started screaming and I ran inside and never went back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to have field trips better than expected. I've gone on a few, and had a good time once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt: Thanks! You too

    Rob: at thr estate for the holiday.. going to be super cold as wel. Enjoy your last good nights sleep.. wait till Sammy is home

    PP: yea it could have been icky. Got tons and tons of rain...

    K: The ranch owners have a really nice set up. And for this school year got approved as a field trip location. They even made the part of one barn into a classroom to teach kids about farm animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Turkey!! I'd have probably wanted to know if we were looking at dinner too!
    Speaking of which... I want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Sci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was showung off my extending his feathers...he did look yummy!

      Delete
  7. JUGM,

    Stay dry, I'm glad you enjoyed the field trip. Now that's a nice looking turkey, I wouldn't mind him for Thanksgiving (don't tell your son, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  8. a little after one in the morning here and sleeting hard. I hear you are going to get a lot of rain and some heavy wind.

    Glad they didn't eat the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Harry we got hit hard over night and it rained most of the day here.now the thermometer is plunging.

      Delete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving Glock Mom and Family! Our turkeys are not pets and one is ending up on the table tomorrow! He is brinning away as I type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama what are you doing with the feathers this year? Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

      Delete
  10. Your package arrived while I was away and I absolutely LOVE them. How clever. Again, thanks again for all of your help. I was honored to receive them. Best - Brigid

    ReplyDelete