it poured by the bucket full, lightening, hail and high wind. The league president cancelled all games...which means once again I got out of concession stand duty..
One of my friends looked at me and said " You are about the luckiest SOB there is"
Currently my record stands at 1-3 for the dreaded concession stand work. It usually rains us out, except the one time during fall ball.
If you have a child in little league...it is expected that you volunteer your time at least once during the season; to slop nacho cheese on to chips and fries, and serve up grease burgers to the masses. I have two in the league, so you can imagine what is expected of me.
But mother nature had other plans-"Darn the Luck!" I hate it when that happens!
Our team is scheduled for next Tuesday night as well....let's see if the trend continues.
Went out this morning to take a look at NWs colossal cabbage he brought home from school in February, At that time I sent Senior into a garden store to see if they had more in. The Clerk told him "No" it was a fall crop and they would not grow during the time of year I planted it.
So me being well, ME !....I planted it anyways.
Well this was the day we planted it back in Feb. :
Now this morning two months later:
"humph" what does some minimum. wage garden center clerk know.... Never underestimate the power of some good cow manure and my determination.
-JUGM

Cabbage is a Fall crop only? Who knew? Depending on where ya are it could be a Winter crop. The wife would be jealous of that cabbage btw. Her's usually looks kinda chewed on.
ReplyDeleteduh I know ! I mean really..does the cabbage know if it is spring or fall? I suppose they have some sort of barameter built in...
DeleteShow Mrs. PP the pic. I think it did so well, because it was late winter early spring when it was planted, and it was not too buggy yet around here. Other wise things would have chewed on it...
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteAs long as the ground isn't extremely hot you'll be able to grow just about anything.
That's a nice looking cabbage. Are you going to be cooking this baby up one night with corn beef?
It would always rain when our son Tank would play football, I always got out of working the concession stand because of the rain. Some people just have all the luck :-)
Yes I cut it after I took the pic...it is getting boiled and served with ham steaks tonight.... i will do a post. Senior saw it in the sink and was like "omg"...lol.
DeleteI think my luck with concessions is about to run out though
Good looking cabbage! I say if you want to plant something, plant it, if it doesn't grow then at least you gave it a shot, you learn from livin' :)))))))
ReplyDeleteThat is my feeling too Kelly when I plant stuff...
DeleteLOL, you're gonna be eating cabbage for a month off that sucker!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteNow that's one heck of a head of cabbage! I still haven't had any luck at all with growing cabbage. The one time I had some coming up the dang bugs just tore into them. I'm going to try again though. I think I'm going to look for some seedlings this weekend. If that doesn't work out I'll try again in the fall. *sigh* Maybe one day I'll actually get some to come up.
ReplyDelete