*SIGH*
Taking in and letting out one big deep breath here.
Last night Senior and I took in the SOTU speech. I don't know if it is POTUS's voice, or his mannerism...but I really can't stand hearing or seeing the man. and OMG is he grey haired?
And such an arrogance and over inflated ego that makes me so angry I want to carve something with a spoon. It was very apparent towards the end when he made the comment about his election, Jeers came from the republican side of the chamber, he followed that up with a real smart a--- remark.
So typical!
Did you hear the Veterans portion? here let me refresh it then: " If you want it done right, and you want a hard worker, the hire a veteran" OMG!!!! I firmly believe he made that comment because his numbers are so low with the military, that he had to do and say whatever he could to boost them.
How can he tell companies to hire veterans, when everyone from the federal level of the VA all the way down to state and local VA offices don't. Since Senior has set out to get employed by the VA, he has been rejected around 15 times. Senior retired in 2009, while going to school to earn his bachelors degree he owned and operated his own commercial lawn company. 2 of those 15 rejections were for a position with grounds maintenance for either a national cemetery, or a state VA hospital. You tell me that a man who owned his own lawn company does not have the necessary experience to mow grass for a VA facility? Really?????
Upon talking to other veterans we have heard some real heartbreaking stories, whether it is the substandard health care or employment practices we have heard and personally experienced the way an organization that is meant to help these men and women, isn't! .
Next comment was on veterans health care-- well Mr. President if this administration so loves its vets, then why are there organizations such as "Wounded Warrior" ??? How much of that 200 million you just gave to Pakistan could have bought those new tract like wheel chairs for our disabled vets?
*SIGH* shaking my head....
I can't stand to watch him 'jog' on/off planes, steps, etc. with his arms slightly bent, it drives me crazy & looks very egotistical, IMO.
ReplyDeleteIt is just everything about him makes me go "ick" ego-maniac. ugggg
Deleteoh Gurlie - i can hear the sighing in your voice and i don't have a clue what to say. Senior's rant had me going off on tangent after tangent but i understand that you are the wife and this kind of stuff makes you even nuttier than him! oh and don't even get me going on your ridiculous POTUS...the only stupider looking person on the planet is the canadian prime minister....who is also trying to screw our vets! i don't know what to say except keep going forward! you guys are raising boys who have the power to change the world when their time comes. that's what i hope for and believe in.
ReplyDeletemuch love always to my Gurlie - always! your friend,
kymber
I need to google search your PM, can't recall that I know what he looks like. But, I will take your word for it.
DeleteWhy do these countries, tout the sacrifice people make to serve in the armed forces, but then once they are done, it is a royal screw job???
I worry for our boys, what sort of future is there for two white males..?? Other then possibly being pro sports figures..but even that is getting to be a thing of the past.
PS: Hugs to you and Jam..hope all is well up there with you guys..
DeleteGetting a job with a government agency is easy when you're a White Male Veteran. Either get a sex change operation, wear a middle eastern head covering, find a partner to act openly gay with or paint yourself dark brown and change your name. After that it's easy street.
ReplyDeleteWell I told him to put on a wig and dress, we can divorce so he can claim welfare..and then apply. He would be a shoo in.
DeleteA Sad thing is that there are companies out there that will overlook qualified people and hire those on public assistance out of sympathy. Senior had something similar happen when he interviewed for a county postion..he was asked about his retirement pay. Basically you all ready get money, why do you need a job for mentality.
read that med schools are accepting the less qualified to give spots to 'minorities'.
Deleted h
Yes he won both elections, but what's really so bad about that is that he won only because people "supposedly on our side" sat home on their A**es and didn't vote.... both elections. We had the numbers to win both elctions, but too many crybabies sat home pouting because they didn't have their perfect candidate up there running. Sad thing is. They will do it again.
ReplyDeleteAnd the really sad thing, by sitting home on their butts they've enabled Obama to enact his illegal immigration. So even if they all vote this time (and they won't) we could very well be outnumbered by people who have NO right to be voting.
.....all because they sat on their a**es........
well that is the motive behind the immigration and amnesty issue, to create more dependent democrats.
DeleteIt has all ready been said that if Romney is the nominee again, those that sat out the 2008 and 2012 election, will do it again.Just sickens me that they would rather see their country go down the toilet then vote for the lesser of the evils. We may not have all liked McCain or Romney, i did not vote for either of them in the primaries, but when it came down either them or obama..of course I voted for the Republican.
I haven't missed a state of the union address in eons. Even when I was overseas I used to listen to them on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service, or on the Voice of America on shortwave. But last night I skipped it. I get an upset stomach if I have to listen to that man, so I just didn't.
ReplyDeleteI think we listen just to hear the way he spews his bs
DeleteI turned it off after 10 minutes... My BP couldn't take any more...
ReplyDeleteI can conur with that.. : )
DeleteI didn't waste my time. $300 Billion in new taxes ?? We all know that won't happen. Remember a week or so ago the hip was on XL pipeline?? Well that has passed in the night already
ReplyDeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteBulldog Man and I turned the TV off, didn't listen to his speech.
Listening was not worth the aggravation.
Hugs to you, Senior, and your Boys.
wished we would have too!. Hugs to you both and to Tank
DeleteI too, was sorely disappointed and irritated by the snarkiness of the president during his SOTU. It was just more of the same old lies and refusal to work together and compromise.
ReplyDeleteYep! and it sounded like just another campaign speech...
ReplyDelete