Friday, January 9, 2015

our first ever...

Went to do my daily cleaning of the coop, feeding, and watering. Looked over in a corner and OMG!

Our first egg!


I know, I am such a chicken nerd to be celebrating our first egg. But it makes me feel like a proud mother and gives me a sense of accomplishment.

 All we need now is a few more and then we can cook up an omelet .ha ha ha!



18 comments:

  1. I don't care how long you've been farming, EVERYONE gets excited about their first egg :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like getting your first job and that first paycheck...
      It will be likr Christmas every time we walk into the coop....lol

      Delete
  2. A few more, and OMELET! :-) Preferably with BACON! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dogs eat up most of our eggs. When I took them for their shots last time the Vet said they were getting obese off the eggs!

    It's good to be able to produce your own food. Your first chicken egg is a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a milestone, because we raised these chicks from the day they hatched, and I am happy I did not end up killing any along the way..lol

      Delete
  4. Yea!! The first egg is always a celebration. A couple more and you can make cupcakes! :-) Now the next test is to figure out WHICH chicken laid it. hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we sort of know... but given the fact they would rather sit on the top of their nesting boxes to roost at night instead of nesting in the boxes, does make it bit challanging..

      Delete
  5. congratulations Gurlie - that is a serious accomplishment and one you should be proud of! and going out and gathering eggs will never be boring - it will always feel like Christmas! very proud of you!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! the kids were up early this morning, dressed and out the door to check the coop. lol

      Thanks gurlie!

      Delete
  6. What an eggsalent looking Egg :)

    I wish I had chicken. I really need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do. Chickens serve three purposes : For Meat, for eggs, and poop for fertilizer...

      Delete
  7. JUGM,

    Time to do the chicken dance!!!!! Wooohoooo......congratulations on your very first egg!!!

    Now you can save it until you get another couple and then it's time for the entire family to celebrate with some eggs for breakfast.

    Hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little late...but Congrats! Always a great feeling when they start laying.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl since I did this post.. we are up to 4-5 a day now. ..it is awesome

      Delete