Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sons of Liberty Mini Series on History Channel

 If your TV provider offers the History Channel then this looks like a good one to catch and or DVR. Our oldest who is a major revolutionary war buff is looking forward to this mini-series. Both boys are currently studying the war in school, and I hope this will give them an added level of education. My plan is to DVR it so I can preview it first before I let the kids see it. I just hope it does not dissapoint.
 
If you miss and episode, then no worries, On the next night History will replay the previous nights showing.
 
So Enjoy!
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up since we rarely follow when something starts. It's been a while since we have watched a series. Will try to stay awake to watch the first one tonight. From the preview, it looks like there may be some questionable scenes for really young ones but as a parent who knows your kids, that is totally your call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That's why I am going to watch it first. And DVR it so If they watch, In an fast fwd through that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it might be pretty good! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome, i did happen to catch like the first 30 minutes, and yes it did look good.

      Delete
  4. Due to a conflict on TV watching, I am recording it later tonight to watch in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that same tv conflict, it was called the "Pro-Bowl" game on one, and the other the kids were playing "Mindcraft" on xbox. So, I recorded it and will watch it later..

      Delete
  5. JUGM,

    Hubby is recording this series, he's a history freak.....I mean fan, lol.
    Can't wait to watch it myself. You're guys will enjoy this series.
    Hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sweety,

    I am a history nut too. Wish I could fall in to some portal and go back in time. I googled the facts of the movie. It ireally is not spot on, it portrays Sam Adam as this hunky, buff rebel and in reality he was in his mid 40.s gray haired and anything but hunky...lol

    But, overall..I am impressed, the first night it was so-so, but then towards the end it started getting good. I had to dvr it cause of the kids, they want to see it, but there is some strong language in it. so, i don't they won't be watching it. I could just show them the interesting parts though..

    Hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JMom , I have seen the first 2 parts and I am learning more about the early stages of the War. Just think 35 yrs out of high school and I'm still learning. BIG GRIN

    This can get you fired up about taking on the King that's for sure,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur..when I see something in the movie that I did not know about, I first like to fact check it. Like was Sam Adams really that hunky! well he wasn't.
      and the coins made by revere to mark you as a non-loyalist so you could buy from the black market...Wouldn't you like to own on of those babies???

      Delete