Friday, September 23, 2011

Growing Trend of Urban Survivalist

At the beginning of the month SciFi Chick reminded us all over on her blog that September is Emergency Preparedness month. I have been giving this a lot of thought over the past couple of weeks.I remember Sean Hannity doing a story on it  And I was happy to find the  Youtube video . Not every one lives on acreage and can have a getaway to bug out too. So this guy Anton Edwards has started urban survivalist clinics in NYC-he has the right mindset.  Who I don’t like is Marc Seigal and his thinking that being prepared is just a “Notion”.  



There is impending cutbacks coming to FEMA- heck they may run out of money by next Tuesday. The government is simply not going to be there to bail people out. We have to take the bull by the horns and take control. Do you want to be the one standing in a long line waiting for a cup of soup? I have done that only it was for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a bag of ice. It’s no fun. And what was bad, was that line was suppose to be for those residents in the specific neighborhood that was hit. We had people in that line from a county over—and why? Because it was something for FREE. I couldn’t stand waiting any longer so I left. I think that was the turning point for me, and it is a memory I can reflect on, to not be that person anymore expecting the Federal Government to help me out during a crisis situation.

2 comments:

  1. I need to get up to speed on this. My daughter and son live in a city now. I've always figured the only option would be to get out. It seems to me when the power goes, the water and sewer go and then how could you live? But plenty of people are making plans to do just that. We have a bug out plan in place and a cache halfway between there and here, but if they couldn't get out they'd need a plan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arsenius- You are right. Urban survivalist are getting more and more common. I do not know though how any one would be able to survive if they lived in an apartment or condo inside of a city. I think gangs would try to over power them. So to me the best plan would be to get out, but it would be hard if streets and bridges were shut down.People living in NYC are basically screwed.

    ReplyDelete