Friday, September 2, 2011

5 NASCAR Drivers Decline White House Invite

I love reading a article and seeing the Liberal spin on it. Today on Drudge I saw where 5 NASCAR drivers declined the White House offer to meet the anointed one. So I clicked on it. And immediately the website put a radical spin on it. Saying that: " This is the President of the United States after all".

 It is nearing the end of the season, and they are extremely busy people, with all the travel and sponsor smoozing they have to do-they hardly have time to see their families, much less POTUS.   However, perhaps they have different political views, and do not want to be seen in a picture with the worst President in American History. I think one of their lasting legacies will be in addition to all their wins and championships, is that they stood their ground and didn’t say “How High” when the White House said “Jump”. Scheduling conflict or not, it is still a mark on Obama that not every one drop what they are doing when he summons them.

And one last note: I was VERY happy to see that two of my favorite drivers; Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick, were among the five drivers that declined.

6 comments:

  1. Kevin Harvick just went from being a jerk to a decent guy in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason they would be invited to the White House is to boost the white, racist, redneck vote. Oh wait there's no vote to boost. (Did I really just say that)
    Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt-Yes Harvick can be a jerk, and its fun to watch he and his wife play off each other. But your right after this,for what ever the reason-I think he will gain a lot in popularity.

    North- Tony is Awesome..I love Smoke! and a big welcome to you and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for adding me to the GBBL.

    Duke- I agree not much white vote to boost..

    ReplyDelete
  4. About two months ago I was casually chatting with the guy. He is about as real as they get. Good guy.

    And you deserve your place on the list.

    ReplyDelete