Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Carolina Trip....

Senior, the kids and I are back from a brief vacation to visit family up in South and North Carolina. The weather was wonderful over the past weekend. Seeing my 81 year old Father n Law was great, he is doing well.

We stayed with my brother n law and his girlfriend and her family... She has 28 acres north of Charlotte with 2 homes at the front of the property. We did lots of talking and lots of catching up, it was nice to visit. Senior and I did roll our eyes a few times with his brother as he is a die hard Liberal...the kind that believes Obama can do no wrong. He does not examine the facts and believes everything he sees on the news. So the best thing Senior and I could do was just not discuss politics at all.

 The best part about the staying in her house was she had a Jacuzzi tub...the boys went nuts in it when I poured in some bubbles and turned on those jets..The girlfriend is a very eclectic person, every room was a different color and abstract art covered her walls. We first walked in to her home and incense was burning everywhere.. She is also very "lovey dovey"..everyone gets hugs and kisses...
and well senior and I just aren't the huggie kind of people...

We left there on Sunday and headed down to Columbia and took the kids to the Zoo...they loved it! Especially the Penguin exhibit...our youngest got a real kick out of watching them. Then it was to a local "Fudruckers" for a good burger...we had hoped to relax in the pool at our hotel, but mother nature had other plans, it seems  all the rains in Florida found us in the Carolinas. Of course Senior was a bit bummed, his beloved South Carolina Gamecocks were playing baseball in the super regionals and we did not know it, he would have loved tickets to that game, but again mother nature caused it to be postponed. He did get a good deal on some new Gamecock T-Shirts though...so all was better.  : )

So, we are now safely back home, doing lots of laundry and getting back to our routine., It is so nice to go away and have a change of scenery, but darned if its not even better to be back home and in your own bed..   : )

6 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it back safe!

    Sounds like you had an adventure. The scene you paint of your brother in law's girlfriend's house sounds like a bad sitcom....funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha...yea it really could have been a sitcom.. complete with the electric cigerettes they all smoke..

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you had a good time. Blind Liberals are a royal pain. When its family makes it worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard this today : "The biggest defense for democracy is when a liberal speaks"..

      lol wish I had heard that before Saturday night then I could have dropped that line to him when he was blaming Bush and crediting BO for killing Bin Laden.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had known ya'll were here....Columbia that is. Glad ya'll had a good trip and made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? we were driving down Bush River Road (?) and Senior mentioned you. We are up that way quite a bit because of family.

      Delete