Monday, January 7, 2013

My Day At The Blood Doctor

I am not one to get people all worried over nothing, but some of my recent routine blood work came back with a bit of a high white cell count. My primary care doctor decided I should go to a hematologist for some further testing. Those who knew were of course Senior, my sister, my parents and my good friend K. My mother with her dementia problems, thought I was headed to a early grave, and had her entire church praying for me. So to egg my mother on...Last week when they came over, I took this beautiful lavendar sequin gown out of my closet and told her to make sure I am buried in it..   : ) --Yea Priceless

Over the weekend I got a huge packet of paperwork to fill out. I take it with me to the appointment today. Once in the room the nice little nurse is taking my vitals, she starts asking all the same questions, that I had just answered in the packet of paperwork. Then she says, "You must be a new patient"

Then comes time to be stuck by the lab. Where once again I get the same nurse. That is when I am told she is not a nurse but a student. And she  has a big problem finding my vein. "OUCH!"  apparently we did not put the needle in far enough. I had to get re-stuck by the professional. Now I have some nice red marks on my arm..  Those results have since come back, and now I need more blood work done..this time to test my Iron and B12 levels. The hematologist found those a bit concerning.

Once I left, it was off to Chinamart, for some chicken breast and white rice. Mosins tummy is upset.
At the register I see a nice older lady. Looked to be really well kept, and clean. Nice clothes, and her nails done. She was purchasing a bunch of bananas, high dollar international teas, and some International liquid coffee creamer...but paying with her EBT card.  "Great!" I thought. I am paying for her coffee creamer.. but atleast she has nice nails. I just stared her down and shook my head.

I checked our mailbox..My good buddy KELLY sent a gift:  Strike anywhere matches..super cool! THANKS KELLY!  I shall test them out soon. She put them in a nice little pint size mason jar..they look to cute to use..  : )

So I am  home, dealing with the puppies upset tummy. Last day of winter break for the kids, then its school tomorrow, so we go back to our routine. I will be so thankful to be back on a schedule. and a day to myself to clean this house up!   : )

-JUGM


9 comments:

  1. I hope you find out what is wrong with you and can get it fixed. Please don't scare your mother like that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are on the mend soon.

    I get crazy with people and their EBT cards. Their cart is full of food, falling out on the floor. Mostly steaks, junk food, and expensive juice. My cart is half full and I have ran thru my mind three times the total so I am sure that I have enough. I am the one looking thru the manager's special bin in the meat department and the veggie department. No lobster or shrimp for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to feeling better soon, and the PhDs figure it out too. Don't be too hard on the student, after all we are learning. (I have to 'stick' people too). Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get it sorted... and I'm betting puppy's tummy will clear up as soon as the kids go back to school... just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are seeing the hematologist. They can often make short work of the problem, establish a diagnosis, and fix it in short order. About six years ago, I had some routine blood work which terrified my internist. Normally a calm man, he was wondering where to sit at my funeral. I was apparently critically anemic and had some other issues too. It turned out that my bite from a brown recluse spider had caused a hemolytic anemia. It took some months to rectify the problem, but I didn't have any of the bizarre and frightening diseases they quickly ruled out. Hope you find a quick solution !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they figure things out quickly and get you all fixed up. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you will be okay, that sucks having all those blood tests!
    I'm the only one in our family without insurance so I NEVER go to the doctor, I probally have some things wrong with me but don't know it LOL!!! When I had my last daughter the nurse did something crazy with my iv and squirted blood all over the bed, I fainted! Wish I would have birthed that one at home!!!!
    I'm glad you like the matches ☺ I was going to send soap to everyone but finally found these matches and got really excited! Preppers, homesteaders, farmers, dreamers, anyone (besides children) can use matches!
    Hope you and your doggie feel better soon, I'll be praying for good results ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that Kelly just rocks! what an awesome gift!!! you rock Kelly!

    as for all of the needle digging and crap - they'll figure out what is wrong and fix it. it is probably something as simple as needing a B12 shot every few months or something. no worries k?

    i thought of you and yours all throughout the holiday season...sent good thoughts and prayers your way because you were such a good friend in 2012...and i know that 2013 will be awesome for all of us...it will also be interesting...but IT WILL BE awesome. i just know it.

    always proud to sign off as:

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is one big response for everyone :

    Beth: Yes Ma'am! : )

    Amy: I was at a vets office once and a person paid with a EBT card...ticked me off!

    K: Yes Sir! : )

    Jane: I am thinking eniemia too..I feel so tired all the time and can nap at any time of the day, and I've never done that before.

    Red: Thank you! : )

    Kelly: When I had my first, the blood lady came at 530 am.. without warning she flips on the over head light to my hospital bed, and all i see is this ash white face with a long nose. She was Romanian and her name was "Nurse Dragovich" not kidding! eeek...scared the crap out of me for days... Yes I love the matches, they work great..Thanks for thinking about me!

    Kymber: Hey Gurlie! Glad to see you..missed ya around the blogisphere..My sister said the same thing about the B12 shots..2013 should be interesting indeed

    ReplyDelete