Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Dream


I was at the checkout.I was in a long blue dress I use to wear. Senior told me he was going to wait outside. I saw NW go with him. I turned to pay and assumed ND had tagged along with the guys as well. He always does.. At least that is what I thought.  I paid and left to meet them. No ND. I looked  around frantically thinking he was at a gumball machine or looking at the Redbox movies.
The Panic set it. I rushed back in to the store screaming his name. No answer.
Shoppers looked at me like I was a crazed psychopath. Senior went to Customer service to have him paged.
I ran up and down the aisles, stumbling over my feet, crying and yelling for him. He was no where.
Disappeared, gone.

I collapsed on to the floor, Senior there trying to grab me. My baby was missing. Who took him? Why? My God they will pay!
I was numb. I couldn't feel anything..  Senior and I were going through every parents horror.
 The Store manager asked that no one leave.The staff stopped new shoppers from coming in.  Other customers joined the search, an elderly lady put her hand on me for comfort. Still I screamed for him. My baby, my sweet little boy. Where was he!.
Then out of no where, there he was.  wearing his little red shirt and blue shorts. smiling at me like nothing was wrong. Safe. and untouched. no hair on his head out of place.

The sounds of the boys playing this morning woke me from this nightmare. I jumped out of bed, and there he was sitting on the floor of his room playing with his Batman cave. I smiled, a tidal wave of relief rushed over me.  My baby is indeed safe. I gave him a big hug and kiss on the forehead.
He did not know why. I told him I had a bad dream about him.
He said "Mommy its okay, it was just a dream".

Our Dreams. They are our subconscious and occur throughout the night. During 8 hours of sleep a person can spend two hours dreaming. They are a variety of our emotions, ideas and sensations. If you can remember it vividly-Like I can with this dream, then you are awoken during the REM stage of sleep.
Now I am thinking about it, it will bother me all day. I will keep the boys close, and wonder what sort of cryptic message this dream was trying to tell me.

-JUGM

7 comments:

  1. Sadly, I grown to hate dreams. Your dream is classified as a nightmare, and if I have a nightmare, which is very often, I never regain my rest and normally spend the night with a book and a cup of coffee. Your dream of losing him is a direct reflection of the great love you have of your children. Give 'em a hug from me. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me, please read above, 'I've grown to...'

      Delete
  2. I can't help but wonder if this is partially being caused by all the crap in the media right now... And causing a fear of NOT being able to protect loved ones... Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a terrible nightmare. I have one every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with Old NFO - it's all the crap in the media and it is making us all scared and fearful and that's what it's designed to do. liberals are having even worse nightmares and that is why they are all screaming for gun control.

    nightmares are very scary things and can unsettle you for hours after waking. i hate them.

    sit back. breathe. you are a very capable woman. be aware, but don't be afraid.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. STEPHEN: I believe that as well, its shows my love. Thanks

    NFO: What a great theory..You are probably right. I do have a lot of anxiety and fear about the future of the boys, and what kind of world are we leaving them.

    BETH: Nightmares stink..I still can't get this one out of my head.

    KYMBER: I know, and I have taken a breath. We went off today and I held tight to both of them. Thanks Gurlie!!!

    ReplyDelete