And I don't meant the one that every one is talking about. This was a gun debate of another form.
A childhood friend of mine recently posted on FB that she is finally wanting a firearm and would like advice on what she should purchase.
Several women gave her advice, including me. I told her to come over to my place and we could go to the range. I offered to let her fire some of mine, so she can first get a feel for them and learn some of the basics of gun safety.
I also told her that I personally carry a Glock 26 gen4 but that I also have a S&W bodyguard .380 ( and know other women who do as well). What I decide to carry with me for that day depends on where I am going and what mood I am in. ... If I truly wished to mess some ones day up, then I would carry my Taurus Judge.
Well, her oldest daughter who is a paramedic chimes in. She first reminded her mother that firearms need cleaning, but that a Glock is a "dry gun" and does not need cleaning,or maintaining. .
I read that comment a few times, scratched my head and before I responded, I sought out Senior for his knowledge...he confirmed what I was all ready thinking.. But I do like to make sure of my facts.
I commented that any fire arm needs to be cleaned and maintained regularly and I think that she meant you can "dry fire" a Glock, but its not a practice I recommend.
Then the conversation then went to : "What if you had to actually shoot someone". Miss EMT, said that if she shot some one then she would only do it in the legs, or arm, and then render first aid until police showed up. She has seen in her career too much blood and death and there is no way she couuld take a human life, because she is in the business of saving them.
I fully understand that sentiment. However, while she is rendering first aid, the bad guy could still hurt a person, and what I commented was that when it comes down to my family and I ,versus some home invader or rapists...then I would shoot to kill. Being Mrs. Nice Lady goes out the window.
I also went on to say that I did not ask to be made into some ones victim, they chose to commit a crime. There is no reasoning with a criminal, there is no talking your way out of it, its either you or them...and I pefer the "Them" And, in my State her actions could actually get her jail time.
This was Saturday when the conversation took place...Today is Wednesday...still no response.
-JUGM
I am confused. Exactly what actions could get the EMT jail time?
ReplyDeleteBecause with our Stand your Ground law.. you have to use deadly force. We had a case recently of a lady who felt threatend and merely shot in the air to try to scare off her attacker.. She tried to use "stand your ground" but since she did not use deadly force..she is the one in Jail.
DeleteLet her taste a true attack and see how her views will change. On the spot.
ReplyDeleteYep!
DeleteI'm completely with you!
ReplyDeleteThe Zimmerman case is going to also put Stand your Ground on trial.. Before I wrote this, I did do my research.. there are so much fine print, that is nauseating...
DeleteYOU are correct... and good luck being aware and with fine enough motor skills in the SHTF mode to actually HIT the arms/legs... That is why you shoot COM to stop the threat!!!
ReplyDeleteI would like to see a person under those conditions make a shot like that. This particular person has no firearms training or knowledge, but yet suddenly she became the foremost authority... kills me !
Delete