In my constant defiance of all things Michelle Obama and her Food initiative-I treated the boys to a happy meal. Am I the only person who is totally blown away by the fact that someone who is not in public office, can have such influence? I mean who the hell does she think she is? In the Navy world, she would be the navy wife that "Wears her husbands rank".. she thinks just because her husband is the Prez...that she has the same power. Kind of like when I worked on Base, and the little navy wives would say to me: "But we are an officer"... No, honey YOU are NOT the Officer, YOUR husband is. YOUR just another dependent in the eyes of the Navy.
So I get lunch home, and open their little bags. The small fries once included have been diminished to a mere "sample" it was just enough to piss off our 5 year old. And now, a new staple in your happy meal: apple pieces. I am not saying its a bad thing, our kids love apples. It's another fine example of what one persons influence can have, all because thinks she wears her husbands Presidency.

Yeah we've been going to other places for our burger fixes.
ReplyDeletePersonally I have to wonder how much of this is an attempt to make Americans literally smaller(not thinner). I could ride this fun little conspiracy train to some interesting destinations but I'd probably get put in an "I'love'me" jacket before long.
Needless to say I do not intend to stunt my children's growth by malnourishing them into scrawny little euro-vegans.
With my kids at least it's miracle that they retain any calories to grow with given how much they run around.
Yea its kind of like the "mental downsizing of Americans" we are allowing it to happen, and no one is speaking out against. I would give my right arm...to go head to head with Mrs. O and ask her why she thinks this is any of her business.....
DeleteI refuse to allow my kids to turn scrawny either..and mine are like yours, they run constantly.
It would be one thing if McDonald's themselves made the decision to change their menu to "healthier" choices in a way to regain customers. That's how the private sector works right? If you don't like something, you don't eat it or buy it and eventually, the business has to change or accept the loss of customers.
ReplyDeleteBut alas, they've been pressured by those morons who ate Mickey D's 6 times a day, got fat, and then sued them for making the food taste so good they over ate and became fat, while sitting around playing video games all day.
It's just those kind of idiots that fuel the government's whole "these little people can't take care of themselves - can't even decide what's healthy to eat" that allow Mrs. O to waltz right in and demand this rescue operation.
Yet, Monsanto, the FDA and the USDA can all run amuck selling GMO "food" and allowing vegetables to be imported from foreign countries. Who the heck knows HOW those were grown?
If she REALLY wanted to help obesity in this country, be a role model. Start a garden there at the Ivory Castle and get out there and tend it. Be a spokesperson for buying local food. Start a walking club. Go do something "wifey". Instead of trumpeting the title of Mrs. President. (gag!)
Can't WAIT for November! I'd go help them pack!
Like with Walmart selling seafood from China It erks the crap out of me....where is the regulation in that? I heard about the GMO food thing and Red corn...ick! Yea I totally think she has trumped Hillary in the Mrs. President catagory.. don't waste your time helping them pack...there will be too much celebrating ( i hope) ...
DeleteJust get Little Senior a hamburger, kids coke, a super size fry and I think you can buy the toy on the side. Happy all around.
ReplyDeleteMy friend and I back home used to talk about this team moving or that company leaving, as a way to get more money out of the tax payers. He would say, "Let them move, I'll help load the truck, and I would say, I'll load the company plane, C U BYE"
Most times Rob, I acutally do that when we hit a burger joint. But OMG...Mcdonalds had the Transfomer toys...lol and we all know how my boys like destroying democrats with the transformers..lol
DeleteGotta say, the insistence that the president's wife has to do something is odd to me, looking in from Canada. I don't even know our PM's spouses name, let alone what she does.
ReplyDeleteGotta say, the insistence that the president's wife has to do something is odd to me, looking in from Canada. I don't even know our PM's spouses name, let alone what she does.
ReplyDelete