Well I am back after a long weekend at the “House of Mouse” (aka Disney World) actually we got back on Sunday, but I have been so dang busy with household chores, business work and taking care of this little one that I have not had time to get on an blog.
Disney was great, but as always Over Priced. The kids had a great time. We camped at Fort Wilderness . If you have not stayed there I highly recommend it. It is very nice, clean, and lots of amenities. The pool is heated and has a kiddy water park on the side. In the evenings you can have a marshmallow roast and campfire with Chip and Dale. That is free of course, but they get you when they charge for the marshmallows and even the sticks to roast them on! And then there is the liberal aspects of Disney that creep in on you...like when we ordered lunch, instead of fries and soda for the kids, the choices were fruit, juice box, white milk, or carrot sticks. And not to mention some of the male dancers, our youngest met Peter Pan, and I was really wondering what could have come out of his mouth, but he minded himself and only said how "Silly" Peter acted... : )
I even took tons of pictures, however somehow I accidentally deleted them off my digital camera and I have tried every way in this world to recover them. Now I am being told they are corrupted, so if anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
It was nice to get away for a few days, but now it is back to reality…….
I haven't been to Disneyland since I was at El Toro in 1972. I guess it's changed a lot since then. Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDeletewe were at the Orlando,FL one. I had not been there since I was in high school which was about 20 + years ago. They had updated some of the rides, but they also still had the good ole ones I remembered.
ReplyDeleteI can remember when Disneyland, in California, was five bucks per person for admission. Times sure have changed, haven't they. Glad you guys had a good time, gay dancers and all.
ReplyDeleteYou were about 5 mi from me and my family. Disney is fun BUT is way too much. Disney announced today a AVATAR land at Animal Kingdom. Construction starts in 2013. By than it will coast $125.00 to get in per person.
ReplyDeleteI would rather use my money (by then) for other things, like prepping. Hope you had fun.
I worked there for a year (business management internship). Funnest year of my life.
ReplyDeleteGot married there two and a half years ago. Got strep throat and let my wife go on all the rides with my mom while I sat at the hotel (Wilderness Lodge). Lots of my house is based off that hotel.
Rob-Disney is also re-doing "fantasy land" and yes I am sure that soon it will cost that much to get in. Fortuantly we got our tickets from the base. Was about 10.00 cheaper then buying from the main gate..but still a lot.
ReplyDeleteStephen- Yes gay dancers and all..it was fun.
Mudbug- we passed that hotel on the boat going to the park, it looked awesome....
Fun stuff!! We want to take the girls to Disney someday. Who knows when though.
ReplyDelete