My week has been on the stressfull side. First my dad has been in the hospital since Monday, and if you ever want good "kid themed" material to write about, take your kids to the hospital, however that is saved for another day..
This morning, things are hectic before going to school. Trying to get breakfast done, teethed brushed, and boys dressed, I hardly have time to sip my coffee. I also babysit our neighbors 10 month old. The dad dropped him off about 20 minutes early- Gee thanks! as if I wasn't stressed enough. Here I am answering the door in my nighty.
Flash forward about 30 minutes, everyone is dressed, I can finally drink my morning java, my boys are playing in the dinning room, and hubby walks through to go out the door....it is then that we here it --our youngest is playing pretend with his transformers.."Thundercracker your a P-----" (you can feel free to use your imagination and fill it in).. then he says it again. Hubby stopped dead in his tracks, and I about spit out my coffee.... NOOOOO please tell me he didn't say that twice? I felt like the mother from "A Christmas Story" Hubby immediatly demanded to know where he could have heard such a word, "i dont know" then he starts to cry and runs to his room after daddy swats his fanny. I go find him, and explained things to him, and then he says: " well so and so says it all the time at school"
"My Lord, you are only 5! kindergartners arent suppose to be talking this way".. Now all morning, I am thinking..."what do I do and does a 5 year old really know what he is saying and that its a bad word" ?
On the way to school we talked about what he said, and I told him that he needs to tell his teacher when other kids are saying bad words, and that those kids will one day get you in to trouble. It was a good lesson in the choices we make. But still I am mortified that kids this young are talking that way....
Sorry, but you know, public schools....
ReplyDeleteOh goodness. My husband is in construction as is my brother-in-law and he doesn't sensor his teenagers so it has been very hard to keep it clean some days. My little one has said it all. I have jumped every one of them. I tried adding a "No Cussing" rule to our jerkface jar making each cussword a $.25 penalty but they ignore it. I am going to pull the jar out where they can see it soon though if they don't knock it off as yesterday sweet little Monkey yelled "Bull****" at her sister. Ugggg......Of course she has no idea what it means so I tell her it is a mean word and can hurt people's feelings so she is also the cuss police and smacks hands. It can be interesting around here.
ReplyDeleteDon't feel badly. I was a 17 year old on board a Navy ship doing a summer cruise , living with the bosun's mates, and I learned language that would blister the paint off a wall. But it didn't hurt me any in the long run. I did distinguish myself by going home after the cruise and asking my mom to pass the f*%$*ing butter at the family dinner table. It was all the fault of the Navy, I fell in with evil companions.
ReplyDeleteStephen- yes I know, I know...
ReplyDeleteLila- I am thinking about starting a "Bad word Box" where instead of money, they have to give up a toy. I too don't think he really knew what he was saying or its meaning, just repeating what he has heard. Our oldest is our cuss police..he gets on to everyone for thier mouths.
Arsenius- Oh boy that is funny. Those bosuns will corrupt anyone! I would have loved to see your mothers face, I bet she was mortified...