Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stop the Press! Pelosi's Ticked....

Apparantly the former house speaker is a bit peeved that not only are some Republicans skipping Presbos speech tomorrow night, but also are not giving a rebuttal afterwards.  She says its not fair to the American people. Speaker Boehner is basically saying..that there will not be very much to respond too. (Which i find to be comical). It is not hard to understand that tomorrow night is the start of the NFL season, love it or hate it. Its an American pass time and the hard working class people don't like it being interrupted by BO talking to us about how he plans to create more jobs-Americans want to enjoy their beer and hotdogs and be left alone to watch the Packers and the Saints. So I say "KUDOS" to the GOP for not giving a rebuttal and taking up more airtime-And let us get on with the game.

What is not fair to the American people is getting another stimulus possibly thrown at us when the first one clearly did not work. The estimate  his job plan would cost around 300 billion ,  but add up more to like 4-500 billion. And its going to extend unemployment benefits. Believe it or not there are jobs out there and companys are hiring, its not just the jobs anyone wants or they don't want to settle for 10.00 an hour when they have been making 15 or 20.00 an hour. So if someone is making money being on umemployement why should they go to work? I know someone who is doing this exact thing, because she lost her  high paying fancy job, and can't find one that pays the same. She chooses to stay unemployed so she can sleep all day, be lazy and still get a check.,  we are all  paying her way to do so. I fully believe that extending unemployment benefits, is only "enabling" these individuals, keep them dependent on the government so BO can get the vote in 2012-Nothing like buying votes....

And while I am on a soapbox- I am really tired of hearing about infrastructure jobs...Government doesnt not create Jobs, they create work. What happens when those highway jobs run out?

5 comments:

  1. 1) Quit making sense, it makes Obama look bad.
    2) Piglosi is just mad she can’t bitch that the GOP is being partisan by having a rebuttal.
    3) As a civil engineer, I take offense to the infrastructure jab. Wait, no I don’t. Most of the engineering for the infrastructure improvements are done in-house (read CDOT) and passed onto their friends for the construction, so I am hosed.
    4) If the DNC had any fresh ideas, I would watch. Instead, I am starting a pool on how high gold climbs and how far the Dow drops on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been unemployed for 2 years. I would love to have a job. $10 an hr I wish. I live in Fla why hire me when you can get an illegal for $6 hr.

    My unemployment ran out months ago. I have my family helping me out. I am on anti-depression pills because I can't support my family. There is like a 100- 200 to 1 ratio when jobs open up, It has been so bad that we are talking about moving back up north.

    As far as the fool in the WH and his fellow idiots , they have done more to hurt this country than anyone else. Their day will come in 11/2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob- I do understand your situation, and can relate to it.In the past I have been on umemployment, and like you I also live in Florida and I know how it is down here, all last year hubby and I were trying to find jobs and it was awful. I also know what it is like to have to borrow from family- and I also know what it is like to have to sell some things so that you can afford to give your children a Christmas. I dont want you to think I am blasting all people who are on unemployment and know I should have posted it better, my sentiment is not directed at good folks like you and the millions more out there. It is directed at the type of people I described, those who have been offered jobs, and declined them. In every system out there you will have people who take advantage.

    I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope you don't have to leave our beautiful state to go back north. Hopefully in 2012 we can turn this country around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mud- I can't help but try to make sense out of things.. : ) no one else in Washington is. How do I get in on your Gold/Dow pool? should be a nail biter for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No offense taken. I see too many folks who spend the day begging for money easier than finding work. Moved here for health reasons, but wife is not happy. We all know how that goes. All the whole family of 7 came down maybe only 3 going back. Be next summer if we do.

    ReplyDelete