Friday, April 20, 2012

Feinstein vs. Concealed Carry Laws..

The NRA is working hard to gain the 60 votes needed to pass 2 new concealed carry laws. If passed they would require a state to honor concealed carry permits from other states. Harry Reid is requesting that NO votes happen at all on the 2 reciprocity bills...

Well, Diane Feinstein in all her infinite wisdom penned a response on the bills this is an excerpt of what she wrote:
"These dangerous bills ... would undermine states' rights by forcing nearly every state to accept the concealed carry permits issued by other states, even if the permit holder could not qualify for a permit in the state to which he is traveling.

She went on to say:
"Imagine that a man who has been convicted of a domestic violence crime against a woman he had been dating seeks — and obtains — a permit to carry a concealed firearm from his state of residence," she wrote. "Under the concealed carry reciprocity bills, he could legally travel across state lines and confront his former girlfriend ..."

For me, Ms. Feinstein needs to stop right there..and listen up:  Numerous people have been beaten with baseball bats, run down by cars, killed by knives..  It is not the weapon that kills, it is the mind behind the weapon. If that estranged boyfriend wants to confront his ex, then it doesnt matter what he has at his disposal...  If our government is going to make it harder for those of us who are law abiding concealed weapons carriers to cross state lines with our guns, then they need to also rethink every household item we use on a daily basis........

9 comments:

  1. Mom you don't understand the Liberal Ms. Feinstein, her mentality is as follows.."Don't confuse me with the facts, my Liberal mind is made up already." Another great post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...here I go again trying to make sense out of things liberals say... does she realize just how ignorant she made her self sound though?

      Delete
    2. Now reread your statement and think about who you are talking about.

      Delete
  2. I don't know about other state laws for concealed carry but as you know in Florida if you have EVER been convicted of domestic violence you can NEVER get a license.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's to stop stalker ex-boyfriend from driving to the other state, with a gun, without a license to carry it, and use it? Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like her. Never have. She is a nut and what she is doing is crazy insane, but I actually am more for states rights. I like VA gun laws and I don't want to have to water them down to make CA happy. I know that is not what this bill is about, but when the Feds start to control things, I get very nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a believer in States rights as well, the federal government doesnt need to step in and "babysit" us.they need to be more worried about far more pressing issues then were I can and can't carry my gun.

      Delete
  5. Feinstein knows full well that a person convicted of domestic violence can not legally obtain a CCW or a firearm in any state. It is deplorable that she would mislead people who trust her in order to advance her agenda.

    The more realistic scenario is:

    Imagine that a woman who has been a victim of domestic violence seeks training on how to handle and operate a firearm safely and responsibly so she can protect herself. She has a restraining order against the man who abused her but she knows that it is just paper and will not stop anyone determined to cause her harm. And so she obtains a CCW permit from her state so she can protect herself.

    However, the woman is traveling home to be with her family in another state and so she must leave her protection at home because permits are not honored like drivers licenses. Unfortunately, her parents home is known by the abuser and he is waiting there for her - and she has no viable means to protect herself or her children.

    ...when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

    ReplyDelete