Yesterday, Senior and I were bad parents. We cruelly sent our boys off to the rigors of a school day..then took the day off from work, we made our escape to the beach for a couple of hours.
We rode our beach cruisers, and enjoyed the view. The winds were light, and the tide was coming in. We can drive on our beach, and you really should go in a 4x4 as the sand is soft..so it is always fun to watch those folks who do not know any better- they start spinning their wheels and end up stuck.
I also get a giggle out of those brave souls who do not know what sunscreen is. We saw a nice little red head, with ivory white skin and freckles. Needless to say from our vantage point she was all ready red. I wonder how she is feeling today. : )
I packed up a nice little lunch, and we sat there watching the waves and thinking of our children in school. I asked if we should just check them out early..and Senior said "Nawww, let them stay for the whole school day"... : )

heh, As long as you didn't tell the boys, then what they didn't know can't hurt them.
ReplyDeleteno way Matt..my lips are sealed. : )
Deletei'm with Matt. oh and you guys should feel soooo bad - bahahahha! i am glad that you get to have days like this! me and jambaloney take advantage of these kind of days all of the time....we never feel bad - we feel decadent. and decadent is something that everyone needs to feel a few times a year. enjoy these days when you can honey!
ReplyDeletelots of love. your friend,
kymber/xox
I know, we are just such evil parents...sitting on the beach getting a tan..while the kids slave away in school... bahahah... I hope Senior and I can play hookie like this more often..it was so dang relaxing... but no worries..taking the kids tomorrow to our beach...
DeleteEnjoy and be guilt free.
ReplyDelete