Friday, June 1, 2012
Last Day of School....
It is the last day of school for the boys. Once they walk out of the hallowed halls of their primary school we will have a First and Second grader.. (sniff sniff)
Where did this school year go? when did It pass me by? Oh, I know..it flew by on all those mornings I was up at 6am, yanking them out of bed, fixing breakfast and school lunches..arguing with them because no one had brushed their teeth. It passed me by when we were working on homework with our 6yr old and reading skills with the 5 yr. old.
Now, it is summer break ...Time to cool off in the sprinklers, have water gun fights. And stay up late around the fire pit roasting marshmallows. Summer is about playing with bugs and digging in the dirt for earth worms. Lets not forget going to the beach, playing in the waves, and building sand volcanoes...
Summer is the time to head up to SC and see grandpaw, and throw rocks in his driveway, Eat ice cream, and watermelon and suck on popsicles and try our best to catch lightening bugs.
This is the time of year Senior and I watch our boys enjoy the care free life of what being a kid means, and try not to think about them growing up and what their lives and this world will be like when they are adults.
This summer our oldest finally gets his own room, while he is excited about his "own space" It is making me terribly sad, I worry the youngest will miss his brother during the night. But, the time has come, and I am sure more often then not, we will find them bunked together. They are each others best friend, and as much as they fight...they also are dependent on one another. So, lots of transitions in our house this summer, growing up and growing out of things... : (
The one thing mommy hopes...is she can survive it all.... ( sniff sniff)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


you'll survive it all, hon! and this summer will probably be one of your best! when me and my sister finally got our own rooms - the same thing happened - we often still bunked together.
ReplyDeletei am looking forward to hearing of your summer adventures - i love summer! your friend,
kymber
Thanks Kymber... Yes I really think too that this summer will be one of the best. and I know we will have lots of adventures for me to blog about. : )
DeleteMy kids have one more week, but they are half days. I can't wait for all the reasons you listed!!! HAPPY SUMMER!
ReplyDeleteHappy Summer to you too!
DeleteNext week for us. But before you know it it will BTS. Enjoy summer.
ReplyDeletedon't remind me of BTS...the only good thing about that is it will only be 3 months until election day. : )
Delete