Friday, August 10, 2012

Breakfast With Jack the Cat


My dad always said there was only one thing a cat was good for and that "Grilled kitty on the barbie"... I know hes a mean ole man!.

This big boy is "Jack the Pirate Cat"....the boys named him, because they wanted a Pirate name. And I know, he looks totally P'oed in this pic! ... He came with a twin brother but we had to get rid of him, he was too "Alpha Male" and doing things around our house he shouldn't have been.
So, now its just Jack and Ruger. Jack likes to jump on the table in the mornings next to me and the computer and see what I am doing.

As I create this post, he is here now being inquisitive.Curiosity has not killed him yet. He is a spry little 1 1/2 year old with Siamese Markings, he is also  getting to be quite chubby. We have had several cats over the years. We had two beautiful little girls, named "Ductchess" she was grey with white markings, and a solid black Persian mix named "Tootie Sue" they both lived in to their teens, and left us for the great kitty heaven.

Senior and I do miss our girls, they were with us before we had kids. Tootie used to sleep on the pillow next to me at night, and like Jack, would sit and watch me work at my desk. Duchess was our first and therefore she ruled the cat world in this house. She was Seniors cat, and she knew who her daddy was.

I guess this post is sort of for Kymber, she just got a new baby who looks a lot like Jack, and I had promised her a pic of him so she could compare. Jack is funny  because his eye sockets are close together and most times that he looks at you, it seems like his eyes are crossed. I tried to get a picture of him that way, but it seems today he did not want to cooperate with me.  And where can you all guess his most favorite sleeping spot is? Not the his fancy kitty tree. Jack loves to sleep on top of our black range bag. A white cat and black bag does not make a good mix...so I keep a towel over the bag.  He has not told us his reasons for sleeping on it, but we figure it  must be because its extremely comfy.
Jack like most cats, is entertained by my fish tank, I have a large 65 gallon one in my kitchen full of African Cichlids, and he knows when it is feeding time, as he will sit on his little perch next to the tank and watch me feed them. He is not a lap cat at all., and wants us on his terms.  Senior loves to give him exercise  by pulling out a laser pen, and lets Jack chase the little red light.  The boys and I do feel Jack needs a lady friend in the house, but Senior has not caved. All though he does seems interested in the Maine Coons. I guess I just hate that he is here alone when we go out of town..But to Jack, its probably party time. 

So now, its off here for me. I am cooking garlic butter shrimp, cheese grits, and looking for a recipe for Cheese and Garlic biscuits for dinner tonight...yes my family will love me, and Jack too for that matter since I will be cleaning shrimp later..  Have a good Friday Y'all!

2 comments:

  1. bahahahahahahah! oh no offense JUGM but what on earth are you feeding that cat?!?!?!?!? bahahahahah! he's a real porker for sure!!!

    i had 2 girls for most of my adult life, they were born on my lap and both died within a year of each other. i hope that they are in heaven playing with your girls.

    thanks for the post about jack. but man he's a porker - bahahahahahaha! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time, we had a solid white male, that weighed in at 23 pounds. His name was Phoenix, and a real lover. When i was pregnant with NW, Phoenix would curl up against my baby-belly and feel NW kicking..it was sweet. Unfortuantly he would also eat anything, and after NW was born, a baby bootie came up missing, it turns out Phoenix managed to eat it and got blocked. It really hurt me when we lost him...

      Our two girls died within a year of each other as well..funny how that happens. I don't think one could live without the other.

      Yes Jack is a porker he only eats dry food though.. his chubby face looks even funnier when his eyes are crossed. wish I could get that picture..

      Delete