Friday, August 3, 2012

The Perfect Beach Day

Today was the most picture perfect beach day. Sunny, not too terribly hot. Today is the last Friday before school goes back. Senior wanted to surprise his boys, and take them fishing. It is hard to believe that just 2 short months ago I was blogging about the last day, after this weekend I will be blogging about the first day.

There is a State Park near here and  we have been wanting to go. You have to wait until the tide is out, and you must drive a 4x4-anything else and you will get stuck.
You could wade through tidal pools and stand on a sand bar, the water was clear and had a greenish tint.  No hotels, no houses and restaurants cluttering the beach-scape. The most enjoyable part was it was not crowded, we only counted a small handful of beach goers..  Just a empty unspoiled perfect beach......



.
I have never found perfect Conch Shells on our local beaches, but I did at this beach. They were in the shallow water in abundance. It is now my most favorite place.


And then there is the local wildlife, we saw several Turtles this size sunning themselves in the dunes

No comments:

Post a Comment