Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Her Response, and My Reply

Weeks ago as most of you know, I emailed Dianne Feinstien in reference to her gun control legislation I also encouraged all of you to do the same. I understand she is a busy woman,bills to write, furthering her liberal anti-gun message--all that can be time consuming and taxing on a old woman. Well, she or a staffer, finally found the time to respond:

Thank you for contacting me to share your opposition to assault weapons legislation. I respect your opinion on this important issue and welcome the opportunity to provide my point of view.

Mass shootings are a serious problem in our country, and I have watched this problem get worse and worse over the 40 years I have been in public life. From the 1966 shooting rampage at the University of Texas that killed 14 people and wounded 32 others, to the Newtown massacre that killed 20 children and 6 school teachers and faculty, I have seen more and more of these killings. I have had families tell me that they no longer feel safe in a mall, in a movie theater, in their business, and in other public places, because these deadly weapons are so readily available. These assault weapons too often fall into the hands of grievance killers, juveniles, gangs, and the deranged.

I recognize that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms, but I do not believe that right is unlimited or that it precludes taking action to prevent mass shootings. Indeed, in the same Supreme Court decision that recognized the individual right to bear arms, District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court also held that this right, like other constitutional rights, is not unlimited. That is why assault weapons bans have consistently been upheld in the courts, both before and after the Heller decision. I believe regulation of these weapons is appropriate.

Once again, thank you for your letter. Although we may disagree, I appreciate hearing from you and will be mindful of your thoughts as the debate on this issue continues. If you have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841.


Sincerely yours,


Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator
 
Senior can testify I am opinionated, sarcastic at times, and insists on having the last word...so here is my reply to her:
 
Dear Senator,

Well if you believe that regulation of these weapons is appropriate, then are you also going to introduce legislation to regulate vehicles, knives, baseball bats, kitchen utensils, dogs i.e.: pit-bull terriers, airplanes, box cutters pillows, rope, piano wire, arrows, anti-freeze, water, surgical equipment?  I ask this because all of the items I have listed have been used to commit multiple murders.   It is an honest question which no politician I ask it of, can ever seem to answer.

My point is that your letter makes no sense, and it is an attempt to justify a knee jerk reaction.  Anything in the hands of the wrong person can be used as a weapon. Are we going to start chopping off hands because a person strangles his or her victims? Senator, if there is a will to commit the crime, then the perpetrator will find a way. After all, Cain slew Able with a rock. 

 
 

13 comments:

  1. I got the same kind of BS from McCaskill's office. I still can't believe she won this time around.

    facepalm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like she wrote one standard letter for every other senator to use... yea I can't believe the McCaskill won either..but then again, I am still in sticker shock the country re-elected BO.

      Delete
    2. I can tell ya how she won. They turned that legitimate rape statement into something that gave every female in the state a reason to vote against Akin. Even my wife was willing to go onto the mat with me over him. I still think she voted for McCaskill actually even though she denies it. Honestly the feeling I got from many women locally was not so much that they cared about what was actually said or how it was meant but that in their own minds they now had a legitimate cause to totally ignore any argument to the contrary and vote on pure emotion.

      Least that was my take on it. Even the women who hated Obama were never going to vote for Akin period.

      Delete
    3. I believe it. Its just like all the feminazis voting for Hillary in 2008 just because she was a woman.

      I worked at the phone center of a naval for a good 3-4 years. My office was across from the destroyer pier, another office was on the carrier pier. Seeing that many sailors, most intoxitcated..there is nothing that can be said to me I find offensive..

      Delete
  2. Good come back. They do send out a standard letter that is not usually even written by them. In my opinion, Dianne Feinstein is the one who is menatlly unbalanced. She needs to be locked up.

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red... agreed though she needs to be more worried about her mental abilities then worrying about disarming Americans.

      Delete
  3. The University of Texas shootings were not done with an assault weapon. It was a hunting rifle he used. The police only had pistols and stopped people trying to find a rifle. The people stopped only had shotguns and some high-powered hunting rifles. The police kept him pinned down so police could approach the tower and take him. He had guns all the way around the tower and it appeared there was more than one person since he moved swiftly and could shoot from anywhere. Soooo, what does that have to do with gun control as she speaks of it? I was a married adult with children, so this is not news to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well said Linda.. it has nothing to do with gun control...she is just trying to find ways to justify her leglislation...

      Delete
  4. Good letter Glock Mom. Sad, but we can't reason with these people. Their only goal is control.

    Watch the movie "We need to talk about Kevin" It is fictitious but goes to show you don't need a gun to harm another if that is your intent. It's been playing on Starz this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gun control is the latest smoke and mirrors by Resident Obama. While we're freaking out, he's safely behind armed guards who could take out thousands when there would only be ONE person attempting to shoot him. So while we're busy writing about our rights to bear arms, he's removing more of our ability to survive than we are aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said Lady, and I'm betting you DON'T get an answer to that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your comeback letter! hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this information with us!

    I heard that some people are suffering of poor eye sight and I want to share the eye exam irmo sc which gives big help in terms of eye health concerns.

    ReplyDelete