Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Usain Bolt Stops Interview

Senior and I never really watch Track and Field events, until the Olympics came on. I usually just keep up with the swimming and the gymnastics. But when we saw that Sonya Richards-Ross was running, I wanted to see her, She is the wife of a NFL football player and his team allowed him to leave training camp to travel to London to watch his wife run in her event. She won the gold in the women's 400 meter race.

If you do not know who he is, Usain Bolt is a Jamaican runner, he is the worlds fastest man. Senior both thought of him as arrogant..until I saw this display of sportsmanship and respect for his fellow athlete and another countries anthem. 


3 comments:

  1. Greetings from London...
    Saw your comment, had to comment.
    There are quite a few athletes that are surprisingly human and have a lot of empathy and respect for others (for other competitors and oddly, for the support people that make the Games/events run)...
    Bolt is one, as are several of the other American Track & Field competitors. The swimmers and divers too...
    Sometimes the pre-competition concentration is taken as arrogance or aloofness as an athlete is gearing up to run/swim/dive/etc...
    I often encounter these folks away from the field of play- and often they are a hoot.
    Roger Federer & Rafa Nadal are two who seem very driven to excel and come across as hard cases, but are actually really cool guys. I can tell you stories. Really.

    Unfortunately, there are cases like Tiger Woods, who is a complete ass, on and off the course. Again, I have first-hand stories.

    Back to topic- Bolt & Blake are both class acts... As are most of the Americans, and a good number of the GB athletes. Only the Chinese stand out as consistent jerks.

    (Love the 'blog, by the way... Wandered in by way of Stephen at SOLI. Nice to see another Jax area blogger... Had to add you to the rss reader for news from home, and put you on the blogroll.)

    TBG
    l2uj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and adding me to your blog roll. And yes I know celebrities can come off arrogant until you actually meet them or get to know them.. But then there are those like Tiger...once I met the professional wrestler Ric Flair in Laguardia, he was also with Andre the Giant, and Lex Luger...omg they were jerks!

    I like your pirates blog...still need to check out your other ones..

    England Uh? My mother in law was from Eastleigh, and we still have a number of cousins and such still living there. One of these days I would like to go visit. Stop by anytime and add a comment, I will respond as best as I can. Thanks again and Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah- The Pirates is just for the trips I occasionally put together to head out to the Dry Tortugas... One of which I've just started planning for mid-September. The IDS Wiki is a status update for the crew working here at the Olympics. It will be mothballed on Aug 13th and resurrected in Feb of 2014 for Winter Oly in Sochi...

    The real meat of my blogging is at Listen 2 Uncle Jay...
    Been doing that one since 2005. All kinds of terrible stuff there.

    I'm based in Jax, out at the beaches, but I spend most of my time on the road with sporting events...

    Take care-

    TBG

    ReplyDelete