Sunday, February 10, 2013

Early Birthday Present

My birthday is still a few days away, but today I got this beauty. Its a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22
I did not intend of getting an early present today, however we were out shopping for .22 ammo. Which by the way doesn't exactly grow on trees anymore.

We walked in to one of our favorite gun shops. They had a stack of the S &Ws on sale. I really could not decide. did I really want another gun? I did but I didn't. I  wanted something girlie..ya know?  But still...I liked it.  And they were flying off the shelves...several people were buying 2-3 at a time.
So Senior and the boys walked away and left the decision up to me. I looked over the counter and saw one in pink camouflage, I held it, and loved it a lot. It was Pink for crying out loud...it was girlie and a gun--what was not to love!
So, I decided I wanted it. And as usual and par for my course it was not one of those listed on sale. They wanted another whole $150.00 just for the paint job on it.Senior talked me in to the black matte and promised we could do things to make it what I want...Now it is my new project rifle.

Why do I like it? because the components are exactly like the AR-15. Therefore I can stay proficient in the handling for when the time comes to actually shoot my AR.  Of course that is IF we can ever find ammo for the .22 .  The gun shop did allow one box of .22 sold IF you bought something chambered in that caliber-at a whopping $40.00 for 525 rounds..OUCH !


 
I like the label around the barrel...I feel like Minnie Pearl who never took off the price tag....
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, hope you find more .22LR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Good looking birthday gift! Sounds like it's time to start reloading 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday Glock Mom..Nice little present there. I like the label too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. If I should forget, and I probably will, Happy Birthday my sweet friend. How's it feel to be twenty-five years old? Give the boys a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. K: Thanks! I hope we find more .22 as well

    Katidids: Thank you, I really do like it. we do re-load but unfortuantly you can't reload .22

    Mama: Glad to see ya my friend. Yea that label is cool..

    Stephen: Thank you Sir! Actually I am turning 28 ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! Nice present! .22 ammo is not easy to find! I saw on CL that people are trading chickens for it LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday.Nice collections,Hope u find many more.

    ReplyDelete