Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fireside Chit Chat


Yesterday one of our neighbors "E" had a birthday party for her husband "J" It was an all day affair for them. however, since Senior had just got back from seeing his dad, he rested a bit. I cooked him a good supper, then we decided to walk over.
Most every one there was in their late 20s, or early 30s.. We were a bit out of our age group though, Plus we had kids.

"E and J" are good neighbors and we wanted to hang out. Plus, they are very Second Amendment. and Both carry concealed. And they like to camp. It is a hoot though, because She is from Sicily, and being European you wouldn't think her that way.

Senior was in his delight talking about tent and primitive camping with the guys, He really wants to do a trip along the AT (Appalachian trail) preferably in the spring. All he had to do was mention it last night, and all the eyes light up. "J" has trail guides and books on the subject.

Then the conversation turned to gun. One of the wives,"A" was talking about purchasing a new hand gun for her husband. They first couldn't decide between Glock, and Sig Sauer, or something like that..(I did have a rum shot in me, and a rum and coke).  That is when the topic pretty much went to "A" and I  and the men fell silent, as I discussed with her the various hand guns I own and carried. I told her I had to go through a few until I found my perfect one, which of course is my Glock 26 Gen. 4 or as Senior likes to call it "The Baby Glock".  Senior then told the group about one of my first carry guns; the Judge. "J"'s eyes gleamed. perhaps one day I will let him shoot it.  Then "E" came out, and talked about her Lady Smith and Wesson with the laser grips, which led me to discuss my new Smith and Wesson Bodyguard. 380. 

I tell ya, nothing beats a warm fire, good drink, and gun talk amongst the girls, We are the new face of the gun owner in this country, and talking about it with these girl last night, just made me believe it even more. So many women carry concealed, women whom you wouldn't even think. It is our voice that will help to save our Second Amendment Rights.

 And as far as the guys, well they ended up playing with ND and NW who were a huge hit.... 

-JUGM



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I too believe that we are the voice that will be heard. Once a woman is armed I simply cannot see her giving up her protection. I don't have my carry permit yet, but today is my orientation for new members at the gun club. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done JUGM! And you are correct, but y'alls voice is pretty much being ignored in DC... Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyable evening it sounds like! I know of a couple in their 60s/70s that have hiked a lot of the AT! Its fascinating to read their adventures on their blog.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUGM - i loved that you said that women are the new face of gun owners....and i truly believe that women like you can defend the second ammendment...in fact, i'm banking on it!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. RED: Good Luck on the orientation... and you are correct..once we have our permits to carry, it will be hard making us give that up...

    NFO: I would organize a march on washington of women gun owners, but we couldnt carry there! so what sense would it make?

    Corgi: What is that blog address?

    Kymber: I hope you are right, we are growing in numbers though..

    ReplyDelete