If you have been following my for any length of time, then you know that last year when the issue of thte ERB came out, I was all over it. It is bad when the Fleet 4 Star is on the cover of Navy Times talking about it.
Do you notice the bottom line?
"How it could break the Navy"
The ERB has not only caused pain and suffering, but it has caused suicides and divorces. From what I am also understanding, if you got ERB'd and received severance, before you start getting any sort of disability, you first have to pay back the severance..
If you were some one that was cut, let this serve as a reminder that no one is safe, not the little E-1 or all the way up to Admiral. They dont care about all your awards and accolades, they don't care what merits and medals you have received. You are open game and your neck is on the chopping block.
It makes these guys feel like their years of service and sacrifice has meant nothing.
Our military is getting slapped in the face, because this administration cares more about the welfare state, and entitlements then it does national defense. It wants to deplete this Nation of its great military might, and open us up to forward more of his agenda.
I am so thankful that Senior got out when he did. I really feel for these guys and their families. The part about longer deployments is correct...Our neighbor leaves this week he will first be gone from Feb-August. Home for 2 months. Then back out again until March of 2014.

I hope he eats plenty of breakfast BEFORE he leaves. Looks like that's one of the painful cuts.
ReplyDeleteOh-Bama should be ashamed.
Impeached is more like it!
Deleteall this weakness that O-Hole is forcing on us is going to get us attacked.....
ReplyDeleteOr maybe so depleted that we get attacked on more than one front so to speak.
DeleteYou are correct Matt, I have been saying that for quite some time. We are going to be defenseless, and now this Drone issue with flying them over our country...I swear it is just like the book trilogy "Enemies foreign and domestic"
DeleteYep, and your neighbor should be happy, he's not on a 10 monther with a possible extension to 12 months!!!
ReplyDelete