A prosecutor in Ohio is reportedly seeking the death penalty for the famous rodent who emerged from his home in Gobbler’s Knob, Pa., on Feb. 2 and did not see his shadow, translating to an “early spring,” according to his handlers. But Michael Gmoser, prosecuting attorney in Butler County, said Thursday that Phil's inaccurate forecast warrants capital punishment, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
“Let's face it, Punxsutawney Phil has let us down,” Gmoser said, tongue firmly in cheek, after filing the necessary court documents. “I awoke this morning to a snowstorm, low temperatures and howling wind.”
Spring began Wednesday, but local forecasts in the Pittsburgh area and throughout Pennsylvania show a good chance of snow this weekend and into next week.
"Maybe it's time for a Phyllis instead."
- Butler County (Ohio) Prosecutor Michael Gmoser
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22/ohio-prosecutor-reportedly-seeking-death-penalty-for-punxsutawney-phil/#ixzz2OUUkRHUy
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/22/ohio-prosecutor-reportedly-seeking-death-penalty-for-punxsutawney-phil/#ixzz2OUUkRHUy

Let Phil go, and let him find somewhere warm ! Punish the person who really deserves this--the weather man ! LOL
ReplyDeleteWe have frost and a freezing temperature for the next four nights. I should have already planted my tomatoes and peppers and put some seed in the ground. Can't do it. I say barbecue that rodent!
ReplyDeleteI say roast the friggin rodent. Then feed his remains to the poor starving birds that already migrated due to his wrong prediction.
ReplyDeleteThere is a price to pay for letting the public down.
Jane: lol... I think We need to find Jack Frost and punish him..he is being a naughty little boy.
ReplyDeleteMama: I know..I have lettuce, and radishes coming up..we are suppose to get frost as well, guess i will need to cover my beds with tarps again.
PP: I bet he will taste like chicken.... ha ha
The wind is so cold and fierce today in AL that it bone-chilling. It blew the car door onto my leg as I tried to get out of the car. I thought my leg/shinbone was broken. The hens are not liking the wind, either!
ReplyDeleteSomeone in politics wants to be in the news, ya think.
ReplyDelete