I also orderd "Castigo Cay" from Mattew Bracken. Let me start off by saying that if you have never read his "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" Series, you are really missing out. I found myself so engrossed in the books, that I felt like I was actually in them. And they are so true to life, the President in the series is another Obama, and the father/daughter gun shop owners in the first book remind me of Will and his daughter from "Sons of Guns" (only I think the girl in the book is a bit more mature). I love Brackens work, and I know once I start reading it I won't be able to put it down.... And go check out his website :


After reading your blog I went and ordered my copy of Survivors also.
ReplyDeleteWhat took you two so long...I have two copies on my desk. One for my Father and I'm deep into mine. It's good....
ReplyDeleteOh, forgot, I have Castigo Cay on my Kindle. Nine dollars. Just an FYI.
ReplyDeleteDuke- Glad I inspired you to order your copy, the price is awesome though.
ReplyDeleteStephen-"Better late then Pregnant" I alway say. That is nice Castigo Cay is on your kindle..lets just hope you don't lose power.
i ordered mine on "bomb day" and am awaiting it with bated breathe! but we are out in the middle of nowhere so it may take a while!
ReplyDeletePatriots was awesome and i got it from an internet friend in Tennessee who sent with it a personal note. he made me promise to pass it on to another prepper when i was finished reading it. when i passed it on to another friend back in the states, i left the original note and put a new note in it - apparently that book has traveled between Canada and the US several times now over the past few years and 35 people have read it - cool eh?
i have since, of course, gotten my own copy, dumped tea on it and it has fell in the bathtub at least twice (based on how swollen it is. it might have been three times).
JUGM - i have enjoyed reading your comments on some of my other favourite blogs and decided to follow you from there to here.
i noticed that you added yourself as a follower our blog and put us on your blogroll and of course i will do the same in return.
looking forward to reading through your old posts!
kymber
Kymber- WELCOME! thanks for hitting the follow button, and for adding my blog to your blog roll. I too have been following your comments on some other blogs. Sometimes I write about current events, other times I might just post a simple picture. We have two small children and the youngest gives me enough writing material that I could fill a years worth of posts with it..
ReplyDeleteThat is a very cool story about the Patriots book. Right now, my brother has my copy and I can't tell what sort of condition its in-with him Who Knows!.
Looking forward to reading your comments on the Clothesline and going through your old posts as well.