Tomorrow I get a much deserved day off. The kids are spending time with the grandparents, and I am going scrapbooking at my sisters house.
Hubby will not be around either, he and some friends will be having a slumber party, Probaby dancing around in loin clothes by campfire. Hopefully they don't get rained on, a Nor' easter is setting up off our coast and we are expecting some 2-7" of rain by Monday. Which reminds of a time when my brother was in his early twenties, and he was giving my parents a hard time. He left our house one Friday saying he was "moving to a campground" well the campground was out on the coast and a bad Nor'easter formed...hellacious rains and winds So, come that next Monday, my Dad asked about his weekend, and he said it hardly rained on him. My dad knew better though. It wasnt until some years later that He fessed up to us that, during that weekend, his tent had blown away and he ended up spending it in the bathroom of the campground.
This is also a three day weekend for me, as I will not have the little tyke on Monday. So I am helping hubby out with a mulch job we have to do for one of our customers. He said Rain, Wind or Shine...we got to get it done....
Today I went to Home Depot, and got some broccoli plants and some collards. I am putting them in my flower box on our patio. I love my flower box, it also serves as a bench. I like walking around the garden centers and seeing all the Fall colors, and with this Nor'Easter setting up, its going to feel really seasonal out....
You sure do stay busy. If I tried to do all that it would be the end of me. I liked camping until I went into the Marines, and then over the next 15 years I got enough camping to do me for the rest of my life. So your brother and I probably have the same attitude about that.
ReplyDeleteArsenius- I do try to stay busy..things will slow down for me when I am done babysitting the little one. Unfortunantly at the age of 46 my brother still has issues, and still keeps us all on our toes.
ReplyDelete