Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday....

Another Sunday, and another start to a new week. Our Nor'easter is now in its third day. It hasnt been too bad for us, but the folks in the middle part of our state have really gotten pounded. I keep hoping we stay on the dryer side of it, because tomorrow we have a large mulch job scheduled and since I don't have the little tyke, I can help hubby with it.

Hubby is on his way back from working over night at our BOL, plus he and the guys were out there slinging lead and playing poker in to the wee hours. The boys were up this morning and picked up where they left off last night...Fighting.  Our oldest is so bossy sometimes. Our living room floor is covered in Transformers and again they are killing those evil democrats....  Ha ha.

I am trying to teach myself  Morse Code.   why you ask? I guess for no other reason then perhaps one day it might come in handy. I think it would be a useful know how.
Plus, I am hoping to be able to be a HAM Radio operator soon. It is something I have wanted to do, ever since hubby was out to sea and he called from the ship, the call went through a state side operator and ever since Its been on my "Things to do" list.  It was cool.

This week my new books should be here, plus we are doing a order for canned cheeses and probably  more dehydrated foods from Costco.  I am trying to talk hubby in to letting me move my fish tank from the kitchen in to our living room, and taking that part of the kitchen and putting in more storage shelves for our supplies. 

I hope you all have a good week....

4 comments:

  1. cool about the morse code! in my trade in the Canadian Forces (Communications Research) we had to be able to copy, send and receive morse code at 25wpm - until we reached that we couldn't go any further in our trade. we didn't really use the morse code in our actual work - our trade went in 2 directions - you either became a signals analyst or a linguist. i became a Korean linguist. i let my morse go for a few years but in the last 6-7 yrs i have kept up on my morse code because, since becoming a prepper, i too feel that it will come in handy - maybe - someday.

    i also want my HAM license - it is on my "things to do list" as well. if you have any questions about morse just send me an email to kymberzmail@gmail.com - i would be happy to help you out!

    anyway - we are building storage shelves EVERYWHERE in this tiny, crappy, little cottage! we have NO storage space! so good luck with getting more shelves!

    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned morse code at NAS Milton near Pensacola back in 1976. Never used it though and soon forgot it. I think to get a Ham license you don't have to know Morse anymore, although it would certainly be an outstanding skill to obtain.

    Tell your husband he needs a shop, and when he builds it, secure a lot of the wall space for your own shelves. Then when that's full, tell him he needs a barn....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kymber- I like your crappy cottage. : ) it looks cozy.I am printing it out and taping on a metal pan.. I saved your email address so if i need any help with morse I will definantly let you know. Thanks!

    Arsenius- Unfortuantly we live in a neighborhood.However We are not inside of a big city. We just now moved our camper here, so that is going to be some extra storage, I might be able to squeeze in small out building, but no way can I get a barn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HAM although inactive. You don't have to know Morse anymore to get a fairly high level license.

    ReplyDelete